The COVID-19 Wild West Thread (Read 601 times)

Running Problem

Problem Child

Thought it was this but it was in Vegas at a drive up ralley and not the whitehouse. Had to look up Hatch Act and came across this. 

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/10/10/watch-joe-biden-lowers-mask-to-cough-in-hand-during-speech/

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Not sure what Hatch Act is. New law? Nickname I’m not aware of? Autocorrect error?

You clearly have never lived in the Washington DC area.

Everyone here knows the Hatch Act, simply because so many people work for the federal government.

Just another example of how experiences and perspectives can vary greatly, depending on where one lives.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

I thought you were talking about yesterday's Hatch Act violation at the White House....

Aren’t the President and Vice President excluded?

Dave

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Breitbart gonna breitbart

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/10/10/watch-joe-biden-lowers-mask-to-cough-in-hand-during-speech/

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Actually yes.

Also, he is most def not ok with randos on his forums constantly being trouble makers who contribute little constructive material. Especially if that includes personal attacks in violation of the TOS.

But whatever, carry on, and complain about moderation in a forum you are choosing of your own free will to use.

And is Eric Smile still ok with Country Fried Twat acting as a mod on here?  

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Whatever do you mean?

Ha, I've seen a couple of those 80's-late-night-style informercial takes and they're all good stuff!

This was the specific event I was referencing. The fact that there are several in the span of a few days is pretty horrifying.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Aren’t the President and Vice President excluded?

I don't think so. AFAIK it's a no-no to use the White House to promote any political candidacy.

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

This is what I read:  "The Hatch Act of 1939, An Act to Prevent Pernicious Political Activities, is a United States federal law. Its main provision prohibits civil service employees in the executive branch of the federal government, except the president and vice president, from engaging in some forms of political activity."

Running Problem

Problem Child

I don't think so. AFAIK it's a no-no to use the White House to promote any political candidacy.

They’re exempt.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This is what I read:  "The Hatch Act of 1939, An Act to Prevent Pernicious Political Activities, is a United States federal law. Its main provision prohibits civil service employees in the executive branch of the federal government, except the president and vice president, from engaging in some forms of political activity."

This adds some clarity.

Technically, I believe it was Candice Owens who was hosting yesterday's event.

~ Sarah Kay

Both sides!
                        But he has THE BIGGEST MASK YOU’VE EVER SEEN.

Dave

rlopez

And is Eric Smile still ok with Country Fried Twat acting as a mod on here?  

Why do you constantly rag on the mods and try to explain relationships as if you are playing four-dimensional chess?

You don't know shit about fuck and you really need to take a step back.

Feeling the growl again

Hmm, where have I heard a “both sides“ argument before?

Yes of course she should have covered her nose. Well done, catching her! Of course she is usually seen with nose and mouth covered in public. Are you trying to say people are unfairly criticizing Republican politicians for not wearing masks, when on average Democrats are no better? Because you know that’s bullshit. People aren’t criticized for not being perfect, they’re criticized for being willfully reckless. And that’s mostly Republicans.

Actually I don't know it's bullshit.  What I think is bullshit is believing there is a winning side in this that has it right and actually has you and my safety as a primary concern.  Neither side is motivated primarily by our safety.

I've read the primary literature on masks, particularly the kinds most people are wearing.  They're better than nothing but hardly wonderful.  I also recall not that long ago the "experts" telling us we shouldn't wear masks.  Do you remember that?  Yet now it's a litmus test?  I guess that went the way of "flattening the curve".

If you want to prevent the spread of COVID stay the hell away from people.  Masks are really a secondary concern -- but I do wear one in public settings.  But if you're protesting or at the funeral of a famous public official large gatherings otherwise not allowed are suddenly OK. But church services are banned.  Really scientific there.

The Trump administration's issue wasn't masks, it was lack of social distancing and conducting business as usual.  But let's blame it on masks.  But if we're going to play that game, let's hold both sides to that metric.  You say Trump is willfully reckless yet Pelosi's act was also intentional, but it's just "not being perfect".  C'mon, man, they both screwed up.

Yeah, the blind partisanship we have been reduced to is what I think is bullshit.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

You say Trump is willfully reckless yet Pelosi's act was also intentional, but it's just "not being perfect".  C'mon, man, they both screwed up.

I don't man.  Let's make it condoms to prevent STDs.

One person is saying "Yeah, I never wear a condom.  They're for the weak."

The other person says, "Wear a condom."  But puts it on wrong a few times.

Science says abstinence is the only 100% solution.

One person got herpes.  The other one might get it too.  But is there a meaningful difference between the two?

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

I've read the primary literature on masks, particularly the kinds most people are wearing.  They're better than nothing but hardly wonderful.  I also recall not that long ago the "experts" telling us we shouldn't wear masks.  Do you remember that?  Yet now it's a litmus test?  I guess that went the way of "flattening the curve".

If you want to prevent the spread of COVID stay the hell away from people.  Masks are really a secondary concern -- but I do wear one in public settings.  But if you're protesting or at the funeral of a famous public official large gatherings otherwise not allowed are suddenly OK. But church services are banned.  Really scientific there.

I would agree with that, in the UK most folk don’t have a problem wearing a mask and it’s a lack of social distancing (unavoidable in some situations) that’s continuing the spread.

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)