The COVID-19 Wild West Thread (Read 601 times)

#artbydmcbride

It may detectable that long but not infectious.  You are a sad sad specimen, aren't you?

Runners run

I've stopped responding to that person. Life is too short for that.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

It may detectable that long but not infectious.  You are a sad sad specimen, aren't you?

Yes, so bizarre.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Just uninformed.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Talking of detectable but not infectious, I’ve been following a sad case about 3 Brit students who went over to Italy to teach during the summer (dubbed the Florence Three) who have literally been isolated and imprisoned in a basic hotel (separate rooms each) for the last 2 months because they keep testing positive every week and the authorities won’t let them return home until they have 2 negative tests in a row?

https://metro.co.uk/2020/09/30/british-friends-held-in-italy-still-powerless-after-45-days-of-forced-quarantine-13350581/

Update to the link is that one of the guys finally got 2 negatives and flew home yesterday. 👍

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Running Problem

Problem Child

Talking of detectable but not infectious, I’ve been following a sad case about 3 Brit students who went over to Italy to teach during the summer (dubbed the Florence Three) who have literally been isolated and imprisoned in a basic hotel (separate rooms each) for the last 2 months because they keep testing positive every week and the authorities won’t let them return home until they have 2 negative tests in a row?

https://metro.co.uk/2020/09/30/british-friends-held-in-italy-still-powerless-after-45-days-of-forced-quarantine-13350581/

Update to the link is that one of the guys finally got 2 negatives and flew home yesterday. 👍

WHAT? TWO MONTHS!?!!?? I thought it was only two weeks. This might explain why America keeps having people spread the virus. Quarantine isn't long enough.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

WHAT? TWO MONTHS!?!!?? I thought it was only two weeks. This might explain why America keeps having people spread the virus. Quarantine isn't long enough.

It could end up being much longer for the other 2 and the argument is that they aren’t infectious anymore....but I don’t know shit about fuck, so I’ll wait for the experts to explain that one.

In other news, it was great to see Kanye West enjoying a day out in London with his lovely daughter.....of course the 2 week quarantine rules for US folk don’t apply to the rich and famous!

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Running Problem

Problem Child

It could end up being much longer for the other 2 and the argument is that they aren’t infectious anymore....but I don’t know shit about fuck, so I’ll wait for the experts to explain that one.

In other news, it was great to see Kanye West enjoying a day out in London with his lovely daughter.....of course the 2 week quarantine rules for US folk don’t apply to the rich and famous!

How are you not infectious if you're still testing positive? I know there was a case where some guy tested positive a second time after multiple negatives, but after this thread I just don't respect the teseting results. They mean nothing as far as reopening the country and should only be used for a research perspective since they can't seem to actually tell you if you have the virus or you don't unless you're so infected it is beating your immune system's natural response.

I saw a mayor died of it and the guy who heads up the Nevada response under the Governor got it. So ironic that the people in charge of the whole thing got the virus. I guess "Good for thee, but not for me" applies to these Democrats like it does the Republicans. . All deaths in the state are due to him keeping things open and not taking this seriously. Just like Trump.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/The-Latest-India-sees-its-fewest-new-cases-since-15642986.php

Looks like a vaccine is going to be delayed a little longer. I would think they'd know if the volunteer participated with their placebo or not BEFORE talking to the media. I also don't know shit about fuck.

VDOT 53.37 

Taking a one week break from all social media and news is something one could do, if it's all a bit much to take in.

Just unplug. No social media, no RunningAhead (okay, maybe log your runs, but that's it, and even that can wait), nothing on the internet at all unless required for work, no TV unless it's something fictional and more than a year old. No watching any news at all. Just... unplug. Take a breath. Give yourself a break from the noise. Then, tune back in and re-engage. The world will probably still be there. This forum will probably still be here.

If a week sounds like too much, try one day.

That's something one could do. I suspect some of us could use it.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I went on a leaf peeping trip with my daughter last week for four days.  It was great.  We watched the VP debate, but that was the extent of our media involvement.  So awesome!

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

I played a round of golf yesterday and was so focused that I didn’t feel the need to look at my phone once between shots. So awesome!

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I played a round of golf yesterday and was so focused that I didn’t feel the need to look at my phone once between shots. So awesome!

Who the bloody hell take their phone on the golf course?  Are you a doctor on call?  Otherwise, that shit can wait.  Is nothing sacrosanct?

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

dhuffman63

Trails

Some people appear to have their phones graphed to their hand.  No other way to describe why they are looking at it every where they go.

Running Problem

Problem Child

https://www.vice.com/en/article/qj4ga5/liverpool-coronavirus-lockdown-tier-3-restriction-pubs

Welcome to Fall 2020. Back to lockdown levels Defcon 4. Back to March. I haven't heard about the Thanksgiving Day Parade, Christmas tree lighting, or New Years events being canceled anywhere but logically they should all be canceled at this point. Don't do any family gatherings either because if you do you're going to spread COVID 19. Every time there has been a holiday there has been an increase in COVID 19 positive test rates.

stadjk I take my phone on runs (including a marathon race PR) with me and I took it when I played golf. Just because I'm out having fun doesn't mean my responsibilites don't end. What if someone I knew was injured and I'm in hole 3? I could leave the course a few hours earlier than the 9th hole when I'd go check it.  Put it on silent, leave it in the bag or cart, and check it while waiting for someone else to tee off.

VDOT 53.37 

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Who the bloody hell take their phone on the golf course?  Are you a doctor on call?  Otherwise, that shit can wait.  Is nothing sacrosanct?

GPS apps that allow you to look at a satellite image and point to different objects to see how far they are has improved my game immensely. Definitely need a phone on the course.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19)