The COVID-19 Wild West Thread (Read 601 times)

MoBramExam

The new fella is a safe pair of hands (apart from the occasional gaffe).

How long do the Brits believe the new fella will last before he will need to step aside?

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

How long do the Brits believe the new fella will last before he will need to step aside?

I honestly don’t think many Brits are that interested, but I guess Kamala Harris is the one to watch and focus on. Good luck to her as she’ll need it!

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

My very liberal daughter can't stand Biden.  She says his stand on gender and racial equality is horrible.

Expecting business to slow down any day now.  We barely survived Obama/Biden.  I know, I know, I'm privileged.

Running Problem

Problem Child

This week is record high COVID 19 positive tests on multiple days. I blame the state parade that was canceled (but still went on with locals putting it on and people not social distancing on Halloween and opting to attend parties over trick or treating. Mostly because those two evens are 4-7 days before we started hitting record high single day positive test rates. Oh and not just for the month. For the year. 400 positive tests in a single day somehow appears out of nowhere.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Running Problem

Problem Child

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Oil-Prices/Oil-Prices-Surge-10-On-COVID-Vaccine-Hope.html

This makes sense. All that talk about people struggling and the moment Pfeizer announces a possible vaccine oil prices go up 10%. You know....so society can help the fuel industry that has been suffering because of working from home, and airline travel being low.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

My very liberal daughter can't stand Biden.  She says his stand on gender and racial equality is horrible.

Yes, all very liberal people felt the same way. But they voted for him anyway because the alternative was much, much worse. 

Dave

Running Problem

Problem Child

Rules - which include gentle requests from people - get in the way of American freedom. Yea, it is different.

Not that any of this matters. COVID will be gone in 2 days.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/11/09/covid-19-vaccine-from-pfizer-and-biontech-is-strongly-effective-early-data-from-large-trial-indicate/

Trent called it.

VDOT 53.37 

Teresadfp

One day at a time

The state just canceled the Maine XC championship meet this weekend.  I understand why they have to do it, but it's still sad.

Running Problem

Problem Child

https://nypost.com/2020/09/08/joe-biden-walks-back-national-mask-mandate/

Can someone explain how a national mandate would be any better than states having mandate? Would it allow all businesses to open to full capacity, or would it just be a formality and a “well Trump never did it so we need to” type of thing? My state has one so I don’t know how Joe making one would change anything about my daily life.

teresa I don’t know how any state is going to have sports until summer 2021. No one should be surprised and I don’t think this years seniors cared much about last years seniors having their sports canceled.

VDOT 53.37 

SMART Approach

https://www.statnews.com/2020/11/09/covid-19-vaccine-from-pfizer-and-biontech-is-strongly-effective-early-data-from-large-trial-indicate/

Trent called it.

Let's hope this data holds up after it is broken down fully and interpreted. What patients types? Are these 25 year old healthy patients or at risk diabetic patients? Also, does data only show it protects you from a severe form of disease or mild form. A lot of factors to review once data is completely out. The early report or headline is good and hope it breaks down great. We need it to.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Running Problem

Problem Child

Let's hope this data holds up after it is broken down fully and interpreted. What patients types? Are these 25 year old healthy patients or at risk diabetic patients? Also, does data only show it protects you from a severe form of disease or mild form. A lot of factors to review once data is completely out. The early report or headline is good and hope it breaks down great. We need it to.

None of that matters. ‘Covid 19 vaccine’ is ALL that is needed. Once we have a vaccine society can get back on track and my local 5k can resume. Capacity limits can go back to what is safe based on fires. California and New York are going to review it before they allow the vaccine in their state too. Probably best to go there for the vaccine because the data is reviewed after the FDA approves it. 

it’s like 9/11 when no one could fly with water and liquids had to be under 2.3 ounces. Now it’s 3.4 and hasn’t budged because.....

VDOT 53.37 

Teresadfp

One day at a time

There's going to be a lot of non-compliance with taking the vaccine.  My running partner is 70 and said she won't take it for a year to make sure there are no side effects.  I told her I will take my chances and be first in line when I'm allowed to take it.  I think we'll be wearing masks and distancing for a long time, even after the vaccine comes out.

JMac11

RIP Milkman

There's going to be a lot of non-compliance with taking the vaccine.  My running partner is 70 and said she won't take it for a year to make sure there are no side effects.  I told her I will take my chances and be first in line when I'm allowed to take it.  I think we'll be wearing masks and distancing for a long time, even after the vaccine comes out.

As long as these people don't start protesting when everything reopens because they selfishly decided not to get a vaccine, that's fine. You're within your rights not to get a vaccine (although again I think it's selfish, we live in a society where everyone has to do their part). You're not within your rights to hold the rest of society hostage by expecting governments to continue to lockdown portions of society because you don't want to get one.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

In the UK it’s going to be the old folk in care homes/care home workers first on the priority list, then aged 80 and over/health workers, then aged 75 and so on. That makes sense as the average age of COVID deaths is around 82.

Not really bothered if people refuse to get the vaccine if they aren’t in the vulnerable groups. They're unlikely to die from it anyway and if the death figures are low then that means no lockdowns/less restrictions.

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Running Problem

Problem Child

It was discussed here ipthat maybe 30% of people get it. I know more Han one WONT simply for political reasons...on both sides. I think you’re 100% accurate on distancing and masking. Just sucks there is no way to organize a race with masks. Actually, it’s frustrating to look at what I can do with a mask on, but can’t do with a mask on. 

jmac anti vaxxers have existed forever. This is no different. Just like schools who don’t require vaccines it’s on the rest of society to protect themselves....and thereby protect others. Like wearing a mask protects others. I’ve seen enough protests to know they don’t cause a spike and masks work. Funniest thing is my governor is threatening, for the third time, serious we don’t do this voluntary stay at home that ironically ends the week of thanksgiving. He just didn’t want to tell people not to go anywhere for thanksgiving or do anything like those seeing family have suggested here as safe options.

VDOT 53.37