The COVID-19 Wild West Thread (Read 601 times)

Prince of Fatness

Nothing really....I guess I’m just curious if you’ve ever travelled outside of the US?

Not that it’s relevant, but not much.

Not at it at all. 

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Not that it’s relevant, but not much.

Does that mean yes?

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

since some people are talking about George Floyd instead of CV19, here's a clip I saw:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=273957870461345&ref=watch_permalink

It's kind of like that other video link, I'm only sharing, I have no agenda.

I think this person's point is that it was obviously wrong that he was murdered in the street, but that he shouldn't be held up as a saint and example of all African-Americans in the country.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

yes

And?  What was it like to visit a non US country?

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Prince of Fatness

if you explain how it’s relevant to anything that I posted in this thread I’ll let you know.

Not at it at all. 

JMac11

RIP Milkman

No, there probably should not be. I was simply responding to a post that implied that because one area does things differently than others, nobody is right.

That's what you think the point of my post was? Yikes. This explains why you're such a good mod on this site.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

if you explain how it’s relevant to anything that I posted in this thread I’ll let you know.

This is the Wild West thread....I didn’t think I needed a reason to ask you....but no problem. Carry on. 👍

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

What is your favorite approach to cubing ham?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

This is the "wild west" thread, and it appears to be okay to ask any off-the-wall unrelated questions, so

• Any updates on the rumors about coronavirus being a blood vessel disease?
                      • Someone told me that autopsies show the virus infecting the cells lining the capillaries of the lungs with huge number of microscopic blood clots. Any interesting implications of that?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

rlopez

What is your favorite approach to cubing ham?

It depends on if it is vegan.

As for white privilege, there are a great many resources to explain what white privilege is. None of these are hard to find. And yes you better believe it has tie-ins and cross-effects with a discussion on covid19. Heck, it is something worth examining when pondering lots of societal topics.

And no, Charlie Brown, one does not need to be born-in-America to benefit from white (or male) privilege.

since some people are talking about George Floyd instead of CV19, here's a clip I saw:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=273957870461345&ref=watch_permalink

It's kind of like that other video link, I'm only sharing, I have no agenda.

I think this person's point is that it was obviously wrong that he was murdered in the street, but that he shouldn't be held up as a saint and example of all African-Americans in the country.

Oops, sorry. I didn't know who this woman was. Seems there may be more layers to this onion other than implied.

rlopez

It's that goddamn Candace Owens clip, isn't it. Sigh.
                            I've parted ways with more fb friends in the past few days over that clip than anything else.

It's that goddamn Candace Owens clip, isn't it. Sigh.
                              I've parted ways with more fb friends in the past few days over that clip than anything else.

It was sprung on me unexpectedly. I had no idea who she was, but after my friend (who ALSO didn't know) sent me the link, an article about her popped up in my newsfeed.

The More You Know... | The more you know, Orlando bloom, Memes

The more I know, the less I care | The More You Know | Know Your Meme

Would you like to know more? | The More You Know | Know Your Meme

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Well, TBH, your posts are very confusing so if I missed your point, well, there ya go. Feel free to clarify so I don't have to assume what you meant. don Miguel Ruiz reminds me, don't make assumptions.

MY points simply were: 1) that COVID-19 viral transmission seems to vary based on whether you are indoors versus outdoors; 2) I agree with the posting suggesting that health departments are generally not recommending mass outdoor protests as being safe from viral transmission / super spreading; and 3) we would never expect a uniform approach to managing viral transmission in all places in the US, especially in absence of good leadership. Is this a yikes? Well...If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.

Regardless, your ad hominem argument does little to advance the discussion. But then again, this is the Wild West.

That's what you think the point of my post was? Yikes. This explains why you're such a good mod on this site.