New Balance Vibram Minimus 1010v2 (trail running shoes) for road running (Read 91 times)

JoeyJoel

Hi, I was about to buy me a new pair of running shoes but one of my friends surprised me with a new pair of shoes, the New Balance Vibram Minimus 1010v2 but they are for trail running and I do 90% of my runs on the street I race duathlons (run/bike/run) so I run more than 30 miles a week and I do 10 to 15 miles long runs, intervals at the track, etc.. And once a week or every other week I do a tempo or a recovery run on the trail. can I use the Minimus for training on the road or should I returned? Also I'm concern about the long term cus 5 month ago I got injure on my right knee and took my almost 2 month to come back to regular training and racing thanks to all the bike and weight training that I did to recover and my knee is now at 101% but I don't want to go wrong with these shoes. Also, last duathlon that I raced I saw a few athles running on those shoes, it was a really small trail section of the run course about 1/2 mile but coming out of that section I could eventually pass then without purring a big effort. I tried the shoes for daily use one time regular walking and they do not feel bad. So what's your opinion?

Ths!!!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Between the 1010 trail v1 and v2 I'm on my eighth pair in almost two years.

Most of my running is on asphalt.  I love them.

Sadly they seem to have be been discontinued recentlySad

steph  

JoeyJoel

Oh ok ths...

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I wear those for trail running.  I can feel the rock plate in them when running on streets.  I'd look at the minimus 3090's, which are pretty much the same shoe but without the rock plate (road running friendly).  I think they are up to v2 or v3 (the 3090)

**Ask me about streaking**

juliavasa5

**SignaturE**

My eighth pair in almost two years most of my running is on asphalt....!!!

**SignaturE**