Feedback for new running gear (Read 1990 times)

RunningResearch

Hi All,

In an effort to make products for runners that they actually find useful, we are putting some feelers out there to see what people say.

Please let me know if this seems spammy at all, we're just trying to get real feedback from the source.

So this will be really open ended… if you contribute please just say whatever comes to mind, cool?

Okay…

When you run or exercise, is there anything you need that you're not getting, any product you wish you had? 

Is there any particular part of your routine that you want to improve, such as safety, ability to carry things efficiently, hydration, communication tools, gps tracking, etc?

Thanks

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Running tights in light colors / reflective.Not black ,navy blue or gray.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Scout7

Honestly....  cheaper shoes.  I want my old school waffle racers that cost me $20 back.

An odd request, but how about making those little pockets on the inside of running shorts slightly bigger and with a hook & loop closer?  Most of the ones I have are not big enough to hold my car key.  Another option would be to go the route of the old Kangaroo shoes, with a pocket built into the shoe.

Feeling the growl again

An odd request, but how about making those little pockets on the inside of running shorts slightly bigger and with a hook & loop closer?  Most of the ones I have are not big enough to hold my car key.  Another option would be to go the route of the old Kangaroo shoes, with a pocket built into the shoe.

+1, I'm really frustrated that it's nearly impossible to find running shorts that can hold a modern key/fab.

Another suggestion, shorts with 4 similar pockets inside the waistband or on the outside, designed to hold Gus or Powergels when you race.  The ones out there now are overblown, you could feed a family with what they hold.  I would think most people racing could make do with 4.  Right now I have to safety pin them inside the waistband and that can be uncomfortable and is certainly inconvenient.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Why is it sideways?

It would be really great if you could organize and motivate local governments to build sidewalks and soft-surface running paths in major cities. We don't need more stuff, just more places.

mikeymike

A few more hours in the day would be nice.  Other than that, I have everything I need.

Runners run

This.

But, I guess I'm not that old, I was paying more like $30. 

Honestly....  cheaper shoes.  I want my old school waffle racers that cost me $20 back.

Get off my porch

tomatolover

Technology:

When running in new places, I would love to be able to upload other's routes to my iphone or garmin, then follow the beeping dot.  I feel like such a program exists, yet I've yet to find it

Headphones: still waiting for a wireless wonder to emerge

Clothing:

Women's shorts with pockets.  I've only found one pair with enough pockets to hold more than a single key (roadrunners's brand) but since its recent re-design, i get puff in front and wedge in back

Visor: I'm really sun sensitive.  I wear sport spf 50 and visor on all runs and try to leave the house before the sun comes out.  My visor, however, doesn't do much more than shade the eyes.  I'd love a sun visor/hat that would provide full face coverage + sweat absorption.  

I'm assuming this awesome visor exists somewhere, but I've yet to find them.  That said, something I can wear to protect my face from the sun when riding my bike would be the ULTIMATE holy grail of sports accessories. 

#artbydmcbride

sixelagogo, have you tried the visor by Halo?

http://store.haloheadband.com/SPORT_VISORS_s/20.htm

I would like a robot to run beside me and carry all my stuff for me.

Runners run

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

...and to goose us occasionally.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Compression shorts with silicone leg-grippers (like tri shorts, but without any chamois).  Pearl Izumi USED to make such a beast, but eliminated the grippers for 2011.  I like compression shorts, but have yet to find one with legs that stay where they belong.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Women's shorts with pockets.

This!

- Anna 

I want to be famous in the way a pulley is famous, or a buttonhole,

not because it did anything spectacular,   

but because it never forgot what it could do.

- Naomi Shihab Nye 

Stacks

I would love to find a website that combines sophisticated mapping and run logging capability, with an active and entertaining forum.

jfa

I would like to have my cake, and be able to eat it too.

How about a short sleeve shirt that has a pocket on the sleeve to hold my ipod/smartphone?

tomatolover

sixelagogo, have you tried the visor by Halo?

http://store.haloheadband.com/SPORT_VISORS_s/20.htm

I wear something very similar to this from RRsports, but it does not provide full coverage...i'm looking for something more like this:

http://www.tritonfun.com/product_details.em?product_id=598779

(ok, maybe just a LITTLE less dorky/scary & a little more geared towards runners)