Feedback for new running gear (Read 1990 times)

RunningResearch

Get your robot here, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R.O.B

sixelagogo, have you tried the visor by Halo?

http://store.haloheadband.com/SPORT_VISORS_s/20.htm

I would like a robot to run beside me and carry all my stuff for me.

RunningResearch

I used endomondo for a while, and it would show me the route I ran transposed over a google map - that might work.

I would love to find a website that combines sophisticated mapping and run logging capability, with an active and entertaining forum.

RunningResearch

Censored due to spam
        RunningResearch

Censored due to spam
          RunningResearch

Why not then, upon finding a shoe you like, buy several at once?

Running shoes that don't expire and/or get changed or upgraded....  

It would be nice to find a pair of running shoes that I can buy year after year, but normally after a year (or less) there is a new version that doesn't feel the same and you're back to looking for shoes that you can run in again......

RunningResearch

Try basketball shorts - they don't do this at all.

I've come to the conclusion that the only way to avoid this is to possess wider hips and relatively long/lean thighs.  I had this issue with traditional running shorts even in HS when I was a 115# equivalent of a current size 2.  Hence my love of compression shorts with leg-grippers. Tongue

RunningResearch

Censored due to spam
                RunningResearch

I used endomondo for a while, and it would show me the route I ran transposed over a google map - that might work.

Dude. Wrong answer. I mean, c'mon.

And basketball shorts? Wrong answer.

And build more tracks? Wrong answer.

And a fanny pack with a reflective strip?...depends on the question I guess. Can't blame you for trying though.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
                    mikeymike

A few more hours in the day huh, http://www.amazon.com/4-Hour-Workweek-Expanded-Updated-Cutting-Edge/dp/0307465357

?

Great, thanks for all your help.

Runners run

Slice

(Some of you need to learn to sew. It's easy enough to cobble together a pocket and sew it onto the inside of your shorts, or if you wear one, bra.)

These bras have pockets and are cute. I have one and it's pretty handy, but I'm not in love with the fabric. The pocket will hold a key/$$$/small phone/Gu/etc, but not all at once. http://www.objexsports.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3&zenid=95r428snup2h29kuaftdn6vok1

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

It would be really great if you could organize and motivate local governments to build sidewalks and soft-surface running paths in major cities. We don't need more stuff, just more places.

+1000 

Build more tracks? Have you ever ran for 20 miles around a track?

More soft-surface running paths would be nice for walkers too. Can't say I like sharing a path with cyclists though. (Sorry cyclists but you go too fast and I don't necessarily run in a straight line)

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

I was a bit unsure if you were serious given your posts and the name of your site, but I did just look at the site, realised it was a shortening of your name and felt a bit bad.  There are just a few definitions of the site name that aren't ideal, but that might be more of a UK thing.

Good luck with everything.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

RunningResearch

Hi H2bubbles,

I run several miles in basketball shorts all the time, and it works well. They have a particularly strong waistband so they don't move at all. 

Not suggesting them over traditional running shorts, but they can work.

Build more tracks was just a comment/ alternative to the idea of asking cities to tear our preexisting sidewalks and replace them with runner friendly sidewalks Smile

Regarding our pack - what our packs offer are lightness, reflectiveness for safety - more than anyone else, and the ability to customize the pack to carry what you need.

Thanks

Dude. Wrong answer. I mean, c'mon.

And basketball shorts? Wrong answer.

And build more tracks? Wrong answer.

And a fanny pack with a reflective strip?...depends on the question I guess. Can't blame you for trying though.

Roses Revenge

I suppose a light weight belt would be good, but most of the weight on mine is the stuff I carry with me and I'd need that anyway.  I'm slow and back of the pack, so I have to be self supporting.  I can't count on the aid stations in a race having water (or cups) left by the time I get there. 

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!