Feedback for new running gear (Read 1990 times)

Maggie & Molly

Compression shorts with silicone leg-grippers (like tri shorts, but without any chamois).  Pearl Izumi USED to make such a beast, but eliminated the grippers for 2011.  I like compression shorts, but have yet to find one with legs that stay where they belong.

they had these at JCPenney the other day - forget the brand but they had them

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
    Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

I wasn't quite sure at first whether you were a troll or not.  Some of the feedback that YOU had given are quite commical and trollish.

Why not then, upon finding a shoe you like, buy several at once?

This one in particular really made me think that you don't seem to understand running, runner or running equipment.

Interesting, however, that someone like you, or a group of people, trying to come up with a new running related equipment, in hopes I would imagine, to make running more comfortable experience.  I respect that.  But I felt your question here was a bit too vague.  You came on here asking what fellow runners want/need when you already have a product line(s) and, interestingly also, especially when no one seems to mention anything about water bottle/belt in the first couple of pages.  To me, personally, water belt is a waste, yet my wife has one, uses one; and I have no problem with it.  But certainly, it's not on the top of my list and I don't think hers either. 

I don't know how many different kinds of water botle/belt that they have out there but, if that's what you want to go with, you'd better have something very unique or special to differentiate your products from all the others.  Frankly, anything you put around your waist would giggle around too much for my liking (I know some people don't mind) and that alone is a big turn-off.  Maybe place it somewhere else...  Does Camel-back has it on your back?  How about shoulders?  Seriously (and this IS a serious suggestion), how about asking Sport Jester who seems to claim he can teach any runner not to swing his/her arms when they run--maybe he can work with you to come up with the most still part of the body when we run.

Good luck! 

How about eliminating the shelf bra from ladies' tops? It serves no real purpose.
          How about eliminating the shelf bra from ladies' tops? It serves no real purpose.

What!!?  I thought this was a family forum!!  Wait, what's a shelf bra???  Are you talking about "bra"? ;o)

What!!?  I thought this was a family forum!!  Wait, what's a shelf bra???  Are you talking about "bra"? ;o)

Definitely a "bra". Basically another layer of fabric to cause overheating.

A Saucy Wench

+ 11billion

Shelf-bras have no place in running gear.   Yoga tops and little summer dresses maybe. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

A Saucy Wench

No the wogger does not take the place of a key pocket.  I want to carry a key, not a sandwich.  Not a camera.  A key with a modern fob. 

And the wogger does not do anything that fuelbelt doesnt do.  I have a fuelbelt with optional pouch if I so desire a running   fannypak.  I also have a waist pack camelbak which does not flop around due to the wider surface at the low back.  I'm not seeing anything in your product that would have me either replace what I already have or even pick yours over either of the others if I had none of the above.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Slice

There should be a public service announcement about this.Shelf bra, definitely a "bra."  I was seriously afraid a lady would knock herself out a few days ago...

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hallefuckinlujah!  Seriously.  I won't even buy tops with that shit.  They cost extra, are hard to get on, then I am guaranteed 4 layers of fabric over my breastesses.  I keep trying to find tri-tops with small pockets in the back that don't have that built-in garbage, but they don't seem to exist.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Shelf-bras have no place in running gear.   Yoga tops and little summer dresses maybe. 

And only if a person likes the uniboob effect.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

#artbydmcbride

GPS running watch with an operating battery life of more than 36 hours.

Stop and recharge once in a while!   (a nap wouldn't hurt you either)

Runners run

RunningResearch

Censored due to spam.
                          xor

The wogger light still looks like it has a big honkin pocket.

RunningResearch

Censored due to spam
                              xor

Help me out with the name "The Wogger".  If you are marketing to runners, evoking "jogging" may not help you.  Replacing the J with a W?  For walkers and joggers?

And it is a reflective belt with a pouch.  Why is this a wogger?

You know what I'd call it?  A spi-belt.