Cold weather gear for a Floridian in Canada (Read 1033 times)

keeponrunning

I'm in Toronto.  It's been as good as I've seen over here, I've yet to ditch the shorts this season for lunchtime runs tho I do wear sweats in the mornings.  The wind and precip has a lot to do with what I wear.  0C and calm is way different than 0C and 30 klik winds.  At 0 and windless or light winds, I can go shorts, t with technical sweater.  Add 30 k winds and I -might- keep the shorts but it will be 3 layers up top and maybe a windbreaker as well.  The most I wear is when it hits below -20C with wind, and it will be sweats, nylon shorts (underneath) as a windbreak, undies, and on top it will be a cotton t under (I prefer cotton against my skin than technical shirts, it's just my way), a l/s cotton t on that, a s/s technical t over that, a l/s technical sweater (I have a beaut that feels like furnace) over that and a long windbreak shell.  On my head it's a toque under 0C, and I'll pull the hood of my tech sweater over as well if it's really cold.  Above freezing, just a hat up top.  I have a balaclava if it gets really, really cold but usually the toque is plenty.

My feet...never have an issue.  Same shoes I wear when it's 90+ out but with long cotton socks if I'm wearing sweats.

Hey, I only live about 1 hour west of you Smile

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

...This year the snow is light...

I think you spoke too soon! It's just been piling up these past two days! Wink 

Thank you all for your wonderful help!!! 

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -- Leonard Bernstein