VERY Unhappy with Garmin 310XT (Read 323 times)

If anyone can tell me anywhere that it's possible to upload my activities, I'd appreciate it.  It doesn't work with RunningAhead, it doesn't work with Strava, I can't get it to work with Garmin, Garmin Training Center - whatever.  Nothing works.  I've deleted everything off my computer and reloaded it.  The ANT won't connect to the device - just says it's "searching", the Garmin Training Center won't acknowledge the device - NOTHING.

To say I'm really ticked off is probably obvious.

Thanks ~

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

HermosaBoy

Sorry, I can't offer much help except to commiserate.  I was in the same place not too long ago.

For me, it took a hard reset of the garmin to get things working (I think that there was a corrupt workout or something).

Good luck to you.

Here's my thread from when I had an issue with the 310...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

What's a "hard reset"?

Leslie
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

If anyone can tell me anywhere that it's possible to upload my activities, I'd appreciate it.  It doesn't work with RunningAhead, it doesn't work with Strava, I can't get it to work with Garmin, Garmin Training Center - whatever.  Nothing works.  I've deleted everything off my computer and reloaded it.  The ANT won't connect to the device - just says it's "searching", the Garmin Training Center won't acknowledge the device - NOTHING.

To say I'm really ticked off is probably obvious.

Thanks ~

I hate, hate, hate my 310XT. The device itself seems pretty good, but I have had so much trouble with the software that to me it is just a hi-tech piece of garbage. I use it to time and measure distance on my runs, which I manually transcribe into my running log.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

bhearn

Huh, I've never had any trouble with mine, other than not getting the claimed battery life.

Do you have the latest Garmin ANT Agent installed? That seems to be your bottleneck. Everything has to go through that, so if it's not working, you'll get nothing. Don't bother with Garmin Training Center.

Do you have the latest Garmin ANT Agent installed? That seems to be your bottleneck. Everything has to go through that, so if it's not working, you'll get nothing. Don't bother with Garmin Training Center.

I think I do.  I googled the ant info for the 310xt and downloaded what appeared to be the lastest, but who knows.  Maybe 3rd time's a charm?

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

I love my 310xt, but I hate the ANT+ connection.  I always need to toggle my settings multiple times to pair the devices, and I always need to reset my data transfer settings on the 310xt.  A real pain.

Try these steps -- I assume you have a Windows PC.  Make sure to have your 310xt near you and turn it on.

1.  Locate the ANT+ Agent icon in the taskbar (in the lower right corner of your screen) -- you may need to select the 'up' arrow which says 'Show hidden icons' -- the ANT+ Agent icon looks like a tilted Mickey Mouse icon (sad bit of irony for us).

2.  Right mouse click the icon -- you should see several options, including 'pair with new devices'  -- select this option.

3.  If Enabled is checked, select Disabled, and then select Enabled again.  If all goes well, the 310xt should vibrate and ask you to allow pairing with this new device.  Select Yes (obviously)

4.  If nothing happened, select the following from the 310xt:   Mode button, then 'Settings' -> 'System' -> 'Data Transfer'

5.  Select 'Pairing' --> 'On'

After performing steps 4 & 5,  the devices may pair and data transfer will begin.  If not, you may need to repeat steps 1 to 3 to finally make the pairing work.

Good luck and let me know if it doesn't -- I might be able to help more....

PRs5K 19:41 (5/2017)  10K  45:27 (1/2017)  10m  1:10:41 (4/2017)   13.1  1:36:00 (6/2017)  26.2  3:31:58 (10/2017)

Steamboat - It's working.  Thank you!!  I have so much stored in it, it's going to take a couple of hours to download.

Your help is very much appreciated ~~

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Evolving body parts

I am too struggling with uploads to RA (on Win 7 64-bit). The data are transferred to Garmin connect okay, but then the Chrome, plugin cannot find the 310XT. My workaround:

1. Right-click the Ant icon

2. Exit

3. Start the Ant agent again

4. Turn on 'Pairing with new devices enabled' - or something to that effect

5. Reload page - and voila, 310XT is right there, I can upload to RA.

This may also have to do with the crippled plugin functionality in Chrome.

MrH

I've been relying on performing the Garmin Ant Hokey-Pokey described by steamboatwillie to get the damn thing to transfer data for months. I'm going to try the hard reset to see if I have better luck.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

bhearn

Maybe it just works better on a Mac?

It's working flawlessly on my PC and Win 7 Laptop with the Ant Agent and has been for years (knock on wood).

Maybe it just works better on a Mac?

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

rlopez

For the record, I love love love my 310.  So much so that when mine got lifted in 2014, I bought two more.

If yall hate yours that much, please by all means send them to me.

Mahalo

I haven't uploaded using Garmin connection software for about a year.  I use Uploader, which lets me upload to my Android phone.  From there I can upload to Garmin Connect, Running Ahead and several other services.