What's cookin', good lookin'? (Read 565 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Always wondered what other runners eat on a typical day. Our new Arby's store just opened (I live in a small community--that is seriously the biggest event of the month!), so we had lunch there (love their chicken salad wrap). For supper I have a 5# turkey breast in the electric roaster. I'm planning to have green beans and a salad with that. Anyone else having some good eats? k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

vicentefrijole

ZZ: Eatin' good in the neighborhood! I cook for my wife and myself a lot (lately I've been grilling a lot... especially shrimp and veggie kabobs over couscous). But I do make a weekly lunch-pilgrimage to Chipotle for a carnitas burrito (with black beans, corn & tomato salsa, cheese, guacamole, and lettuce). A mere 1337 calories (and only 4311 mg of sodium!) on the Burrito Calculator: http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator It's a good thing I run, huh? Tongue
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

But I do make a weekly lunch-pilgrimage to Chipotle for a carnitas burrito (with black beans, corn & tomato salsa, cheese, guacamole, and lettuce). A mere 1337 calories (and only 4311 mg of sodium!) on the Burrito Calculator: http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator It's a good thing I run, huh? Tongue
        OMG, that sounds SO good! I think I'm glad we don't have a Chipotle near us. Luckily most of my favorite crave-worthy restaurants are at least an hour away (or not even in MI)...like Culver's. Butterburgers and frozen custard... *faints* We have a really great Mexican place in Grand Rapids that has HUGE wet burritos. I don't even want to know what the damage would be with one of those. I'm guessing at least 800 calories.... k

~ Sarah Kay

vicentefrijole

We have a really great Mexican place in Grand Rapids that has HUGE wet burritos.
          It's not 'La Bamba' is it? They have that in Madison (and also other college towns I think).. they are huge and cheap.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Nope, it's called Beltline Bar....their shredded beef and bean wet burrito is to DIE for! Their chips and salsa are something else, too...and their 'ritas! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay