Biggest running mileage week in 3-1/2 years! (Read 986 times)

Mishka-old log

Oh yeah! 29.7 miles this week...not really a huge number, but when I looked back at my old logs, I realized I have't run that far in one week since October 2003! Just one short month ago, I wasn't sure if I'd ever become a true runner again. Trying to build back from injury is one of the most frustrating things imaginable, but the patience is worth it when everything finally starts clicking again!
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Isn't it so awesome when everything starts to fall into place like that!? And now we're having excellent weather in the Midwest, too! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

That's awesome, Mishka! Glad to hear your injury is behind you.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Good to have you back, dude! Smile

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Congrats! Isn't it funny how numbers can make us feel so good! I'm right behind you on miles for last week, I logged 29.1 which is the most miles per week that I've ever done.

Michelle

WTG Mishka!!Welcome back to running!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Mishka-old log

Thanks everybody. It's hard to believe there is hope when you're perched on a bike saddle day after day. Michelle...awesome! You should start your own thread! Maybe you're saving it for the big 30, which can't be too far off! Good luck and stay healthy!
                jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

It's hard to believe there is hope when you're perched on a bike saddle day after day.
                  Shhhh. Don't let Did hear that...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Thanks everybody. It's hard to believe there is hope when you're perched on a bike saddle day after day. Michelle...awesome! You should start your own thread! Maybe you're saving it for the big 30, which can't be too far off! Good luck and stay healthy!
                    Yours is more exciting since you're coming back from an injury! You've been working over-time. Smile

Michelle

Oh yeah! 29.7 miles this week...not really a huge number, but when I looked back at my old logs, I realized I have't run that far in one week since October 2003! Just one short month ago, I wasn't sure if I'd ever become a true runner again. Trying to build back from injury is one of the most frustrating things imaginable, but the patience is worth it when everything finally starts clicking again!
                      WTG - it won't be long until Roderick Palomino is back on the leader board
                      The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense. Jim Harrison
                      Mishka-old log

Ah yes, the return of Roderick! It was weird (and probably not entirely legal) signing a waiver as Roderick. The best part was the volunteer that took the waiver said I (Roderick) had a signature like a doctor, to which I wittingly replied, "Well, I am!"
                          Ah yes, the return of Roderick! It was weird (and probably not entirely legal) signing a waiver as Roderick. The best part was the volunteer that took the waiver said I (Roderick) had a signature like a doctor, to which I wittingly replied, "Well, I am!"
                          and board certified no doubt... but what specialty???
                          The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense. Jim Harrison
                          Mishka-old log

Doctor in Llamacology, of course.
                              Mishka, do you own a Llama? Cool

Vim

Mishka-old log

Modal-dude... No llamas at my house. 2 horses and a few chickens though. I asked my wife if I could put a llama mask on one of the horses and call it "Stan". Her answer was no.