Running Book Club? (Read 493 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Cheryl and I both are planning to read Marathon Woman. We were discussing how fun it might be to set up a group or thread to discuss running-relate books we read. Would anyone be interested? I'll set up a user group if there's more than a couple of us who would like to do this. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

not just for Marathon Woman - but for any book you might like to discuss - each book could have a thread Harry Potter comes to mind.. Might also be nice to have a thread to recommend a good book you've recently read, lots of possibilities...

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group

Basically... run!

Great idea. I am always up for reading a new book. Smile

definitely a good plan - i'm re-reading the competitive runners handbook at the moment (when i get time in between reading tax legislation Roll eyes )
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

definitely a good plan - i'm re-reading the competitive runners handbook at the moment (when i get time in between reading tax legislation Roll eyes )
            Hmmm...I have this book and have never really read it "front-to-back." Might be good incentive to do so if I have someone to discuss it with. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

i'm amazed how much i missed the first time i read it (about 4 years ago). its as though my brain simply didn't take in any of the bits that weren't entirely relevant to my running then. now that i understand a bit more about running i'm getting a lot out of the re-read.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

i'm amazed how much i missed the first time i read it (about 4 years ago). its as though my brain simply didn't take in any of the bits that weren't entirely relevant to my running then. now that i understand a bit more about running i'm getting a lot out of the re-read.
                I think that's why I didn't get too into it when I first bought it. I believe I bought it about a year ago and at that point was still only up to about 7 miles or so for my long runs. Now that I've raced as far as a 25k I think a lot more of the book would be relevant to my training and racing. Gotta figure out where I put that.... Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Along for the Ride

Great idea Kirsten! Count me in. My goal is to read more and to learn more (scientifically) about running.

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ok, go here. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay