Upload from Handy Runner not working (Read 86 times)

Strider835

I get the message 'Failed to upload workout to RunningAHEAD' whenever I try to upload my workouts from Handy Runner .

I have checked Settings in Handy Runner and online, uninstalled and reinstalled on my phone, checked Settings again.

Am using Android On a Samsung S6. It used to work until recently, i have my workout history on RunningAHEAD but will need to switch if I can't get this to work in future.

Any ideas?

HermosaBoy

Handy Runner is no longer being actively maintained.  Run Forth is available for iPhone.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

wbudde

Read the "security upgrades" thread...

Strider835

Thank you wbudde. I guess I will await resolution of these security problems. Fairly severe if everyone using Handy Runner on an Android phone has this issue?

I don't think there are many users of Hand Runner. It hasn't been maintained in over 6 years when the developer, Derek Wu, an RA user, abandoned it. That was many versions of Android and several upgrades to RunningAhead ago.

I wouldn't assume any work Eric is doing/has done to upgrade the encryption of RA will fix whatever broke with Handy Runner. If anything the upgrades broke Handy Runner's connection.

Runners run

Strider835

Ok thanks. I've been using Handy Runner without problems for quite a while and was not aware that it is no longer maintained. I think you are right that the security certificate updates have broken the upload. However, I do think they should now take Handy Runner off the RunningAHEAD Web site as the recommended mobile app for android if it doesn't work.

roadrunner54502

Having the same problems since around xmas, kinda knew the appn wasn't being maintained but the security update conflict makes sense as neither Handy Runner and Handy Runner Lite are not working...

One question though - as Derek Wu set up the whole RA.com thing (and it's accompanying Handy Runner appn) does this mean the site is winding down too? Is it time to download running data etc (I've been using it for years)....

Cheers...

Derek Wu has nothing to do with RA.com, other than being a user like you and me.

Eric, the owner of RA, hasn't expressed any plans to wind down the site and has, in fact, been active in maintaining and upgrading it.

Runners run

roadrunner54502

Phew - cheers MikeyMike - even tho I've have used site for years never really been sure about who has done / is doing what here, good and reassuring to have this clarification....