Editing a copied course (Read 665 times)

Hallo, I get lost quite often, so I may finish doing a different course that I originally planned. In order to log it correctly, I went to the original course, click on copy, got the copy and then tried to "undo" the last steps, so that I could get the "right" course. Unfortunately the "undo" button doesn't look to work in this case, not so sure if it's a bug or a "feature" I'm running Firefox 3.0.5. on an XP SP3 ENU OS Thanks for your help

Targets 1) No injuries 2) Keep having fun 3) Some kind of PR

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

I just encountered the same problem. Tested with FireFox 3 and IE 7. Both exhibit the same behavior. I can add a segment and undo that but cannot undo part of the copied course. I like being able to start with an address and have it follow a street automatically, but not being able to undo with a copied course is annoying as heck. bob e v

bob e v
      2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

I don't know what FireFox 3 or IE 7 is but, I can't edit saved courses either.
          eric Smile , the "edit points" icon is missing. Using Firefox 3. This feature is has been essential to creating maps.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

pRed, you no longer need the icon. Just click on any point on a course to delete it, or you can drag it to where you want.
              Trent, I checked again. Opened a course, chose edit at top right of page and points become visible. Clicking on a point does not delete (left or right click). You can move the point. You can not add a point along the path unless you check the box above "insert point". That's all I could do! MTA: To further check, I opened Safari and you can delete a point there with a right click. But only add one if "insert point" box is checked. Using Firefox 3, Mac OS 10.4.11

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Only way around this problem if you are using Firefox (OS), is to use Safari for editing saved courses. That's a bummer since I switched from Safari in '07 because of compatibility issues. But it does work well there. For those using IE, I have no solution. I logged in on DW's to test editing a course and could do nothing. Rolling over a point does not even highlight the point, so no moving of the point was possible, nor deleting a point, but you could add a point that you then couldn't move. Confused So what browser is going to work for someone using a PC?

Ricky

De-slacking in progress

Only way around this problem if you are using Firefox (OS), is to use Safari for editing saved courses. That's a bummer since I switched from Safari in '07 because of compatibility issues. But it does work well there. For those using IE, I have no solution. I logged in on DW's to test editing a course and could do nothing. Rolling over a point does not even highlight the point, so no moving of the point was possible, nor deleting a point, but you could add a point that you then couldn't move. Confused So what browser is going to work for someone using a PC?
                  I'm using Firefox 3.0.5- I just did this today- I had saved a point on my course wrong. When I reopened it, all I had to do was grab the last waypoint and click and drag it to where I wanted it to be- you know- just like Trent said

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

eric :)

Hi guys, When you copy a route, there is no undo information, which is why you can't "undo" the last point". You can, however, delete individual points by right clicking on them. You can move a point by dragging it. To insert points in the route, you need to check the "Insert Point" checkbox. I've tested on the following browsers: - Internet Explorer 6 - Internet Explorer 7 - Firefox 2 - Firefox 3
                      Maybe I didn't make my post clear enough. I'm using Firefox 3.0.4 on OS 10.4.11 On a non-copied course, or copied course after choosing to edit, I can not delete points with either right or left click. I can only move points or add points. Wife is using IE 6 on XP 5.1 On that one, points will not highlight when I touch them. I therefore can not even move a point, nor delete. Points can be added though, but you can do nothing with them.

Ricky

I can't edit saved courses no matter what I try to do. Just hitting the "undo" button doesn't work anymore. It used to work before the update. That's all I can tell. I'm using my computer at work (home computer's router got fried after power failure & icestorm,hasn't been replaced yet). My work computer seems to be slower than usual. I may have my company's IT guy take a look at it to see what the problem might be. Perhaps, the two problems are related. I'm in home improvement. I can tell you how to install a replacement window but, computers confuse me. I just want to log my runs. Thanks.
                          eric, You replied to this thread that all was well, but I reiterate that it is not, and I have been arguing with Trent about it on the "chrome browser" thread. I have gone back in to test it again on my system as well as the DW, and it's still the same as I reported here earlier in this thread. This is what I posted to Trent: Quote Modify posted: 1/5/2009 at 6:53 PM modified: 1/5/2009 at 6:54 PM MTA: Map Editing! Like I said, it still will not edit. It will highlight point when touched, but I can only move it. I would have thought it's the mighty mouse, but it works when I use Safari. To test it further, I quickly created a new route other than the ones created before the log change, and still the same. While I was doing this a security software came up. I downloade and restarted and tried again thinking that would change something. Still the same. I then went over to DW's pc using IE 6 on XP?, and I can not even highlight the point to move it, let alone delete. So should I email eric cause he thinks, like you, that all is well with these browsers. Firefox 3.0.4. I seen that there is now 3.0.5. Is that what you are using?

Ricky

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Arguing? Naw, we are exploring the issue. Smile
                            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I would add that it would be great to be able to delete existing points and insert new points.
                                Tit for Tat, but still no Edit.

Ricky