Tampa Bays Gasparilla Distance Classic's any runners? (Read 476 times)

anyone running the 26.2???? or how as love to know about the course! Big grin
      I ran it in 2005. Beautiful course. Be patient at the start as it can get congested running out of the city- enjoy the course out on the cove- miles 4-6 I think- but also be patient because it gets pretty congested. After that- the run is pretty much open. Jump up on the sidewalk during miles 9-10 (?)- around the college. They run you on cobble stone roads which isn't the best. And most of all... have fun. This is a beautiful course and a very well organized race.
      http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
        thank you will do!

go Care Bear go!

I ran the 15k last year and it was my favorite race ever! I had been training for the half, but because of a pretty hard winter here in Colorado, I couldn't get my training miles in and decided to do the 15k. As it turned out, the weather was awesome on Saturday for the 15k and horribly windy on Sunday (half and full), so I really lucked out. It was a fun environment and very well organized overall. I had a blast. Nice flat course by some nice neighborhoods and just a lot of fun. My mom lives nearby and I'm thinking of arranging another visit this year to coincide with the race weekend. I always love going to races in Florida after running at altitude. It always feels so easy there! Sorry I'm no help on the marathon course.
            anyone running the 26.2???? or how as love to know about the course! Big grin
            I did the 26.2 in 2007. I loved everything about the event except starting in the dark. It's crowded and easy to trip or trip someone else. Once you break away from the starting mob, it's fantastic. A mile or 1.5 is ample time to be free.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Big grin thank you all!! I can not wait!!!! any runners this year?