Reset Condition: My Log Preferences (Read 73 times)

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

I've customized my settings by clicking upper-right gear for Options -> Log Preferences.

My selections regarding training log access, map privacy, workout comments, etc are all as expected, all as previously set...

*unless/until*

...I go to Community -> 2019 in 2019 -> My Team

That makes my training log access private and resets all my other settings to default.  

I'm presently using

Chrome Version 70.0.3538.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G4015)

probably not fast enough

I've customized my settings by clicking upper-right gear for Options -> Log Preferences.

My selections regarding training log access, map privacy, workout comments, etc are all as expected, all as previously set...

*unless/until*

That makes my training log access private and resets all my other settings to default.  

I'm presently using

Chrome Version 70.0.3538.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G4015)

I think I'm having the same or similar trouble.

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

I think I'm having the same or similar trouble.

I've noticed my settings seem to revert over time also, but I don't know how to reproduce that per se. *

The 2019 My Team steps (above) are validly consistent repro steps though.

MTA: I keep updating them to desired settings to see if they persist at some point. I can quit doing that for troubleshooting if needed.

*Per DavePNW note below, I think the "over some time" reversion was actually me clicking on "My Topics" but I didn't initially understand that cause/effect.

*unless/until*

Yes I get the same thing. Weird. I am only noticing the access reverting to private, the other settings seem to be OK.

MTA: also reverts to private after I click on "My Topics".

MTA2: this happens whether I am on Chrome on my PC or Safari on my iPhone.

Dave

beat

Break on through

Yes I get the same thing. Weird. I am only noticing the access reverting to private, the other settings seem to be OK.

MTA: also reverts to private after I click on "My Topics".

MTA2: this happens whether I am on Chrome on my PC or Safari on my iPhone.

This also happens to me - it also happens if I go to a User Group and display a report other than the default "Current Week" report.

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

eric :)

Hi bdub,

Thank you for coming up with the repro steps. It was very helpful. As soon as I saw it, I knew what the problem was. The fix took a while because I think I have the flu. It has been fixed. Please let me know if the problem is not fixed.

eric Smile

an amazing likeness

Unfortunately...not fully resolved, Eric.

The check-box options on the /options/log page get reverted back to defaults if you access functions such as "My Topics", or user group functions other than the forum section of the user group.

Sample steps:

1. Options > Log Preferences > check box for Map Access > Save

2. Click Community > My Topics

Now return to Options > Log Preferences and the check box for Map Access will be cleared and reverted to unchecked.

Same behavior of the state of the other check box options, they revert to unchecked.

Hope you feel better soon!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

For me, this seems to be fixed now. The things that previously were known to reset log access to private are not doing that anymore.

Dave

an amazing likeness

For me, this seems to be fixed now. The things that previously were known to reset log access to private are not doing that anymore.

I can still make it happen by using certain features (my topics, reports in a group).  Checked items and options in the log options are cleared. (ie map privacy, course filtering)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.