Server upgrade (Read 3616 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

... but new servers cost money.... Just saying. Paypal buttons help alleviate financial pain. Smile Neil Smile
    Well, that part is true--I was contrasting him to coolrunning.com/Active and RW Online... Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

... but new servers cost money.... Just saying. Paypal buttons help alleviate financial pain. Smile Neil Smile
      Yep...as I pointed out the other day... Big grin http://runningahead.com/forums/post/05bb2abdec96425ca2efcf6a35ba6c48#focus
        Eric: In case you didn't see my email earlier today, please check it. I don't have paypal, but if you give me your address, I'll send you something - beyond the "sage" and "witty" "contributions" I make on the forum. Oh: does replacing a server have anything to do w/ being able to log from Garmin or is that still in the works? Thanks! Smile

TRIing to beat the heat!

Eric... you rock! Thanks for taking such good care of RA and of all of us. Big grin

2012 Goals

Sub-1:42 for half marathon √ (1:41 at Disney, Jan '12)

Sub-22 for 5k √ (21:51 in Sept '12)

BQ for marathon- FAIL

Queen of 3rd Place

Eric: In case you didn't see my email earlier today, please check it. I don't have paypal, but if you give me your address, I'll send you something - beyond the "sage" and "witty" "contributions" I make on the forum. Oh: does replacing a server have anything to do w/ being able to log from Garmin or is that still in the works? Thanks! Smile
            It's super-easy to sign up with Paypal. Just sayin' Arla

Ex runner

Forever Learning

Did my part and now time for others to pitch in. Come on, we can all afford $5 (or more)...
                Thank you so much for doing all of this and taking good care of all of us. I am a recent RA user and love it. I have contributed before and will be happy to again. It's the least I can do for all that I get in return. THANK YOU CNYrunner/Karin
                  Sure, and then I suppose you will want me to remove the aluminum foil from my windows. Then they will know my thoughts and purchases. Wink If I don't get an email soon, I'll sign up - but will you help when I go on a spending binge because they made it so easy? Clowning around
                  runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Thanks. I do not know to use most of the stuff you have on RA but I do know how to use Pay pal! Big grin

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Unless you live in a part of the world that Paypal doesn't want anything to do with, in which case it isn't quite so easy.

Run to Win
                      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

De-slacking in progress

Sure, and then I suppose you will want me to remove the aluminum foil from my windows. Then they will know my thoughts and purchases. Wink If I don't get an email soon, I'll sign up - but will you help when I go on a spending binge because they made it so easy? Clowning around
                        big ebay'r here- well at least I was until recently-tired of their fees I've bought,purchased, mostly sold over $150,000 with paypal over the years and NEVER, EVER had one problem.

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Unless you live in a part of the world that Paypal doesn't want anything to do with, in which case it isn't quite so easy.
                          You can also just use a credit card via PayPal...
                            You can also just use a credit card via PayPal...
                            Yep, and you don't have to register with PayPal at all. I didn't donate to RA for so long because I didn't want to deal with PayPal, but if you do it this way it is really easy and quick. To quote Trent ..... just sayin' Wink
                              This is the best running log, with an owner that actually responds to questions and requests, while still working a full time job..... new server = perfect time to make another donation Smile Thanks, Eric, you are the best Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                              Thyroid Support Group

Eric, I don't know which db platform you are using but if it is SQL Server make sure you detach the database first then copy the files from the old server to the new server then just re-attach the files and you should be good to go. Good Luck...