Getting back after a short break (Read 447 times)

Hi all, I got my toe bruised at the start of the swim leg in a triathlon 2 1/2 weeks ago. Luckily the tri went great as I only noticed it after the tri was done. The next day I couldn't run or even put on my shoes without pain. So I took a break from running since only swimming 2 to 3 hours a week, the activity that got me in that mess but the only activity I could do without pain. I went for a trial run yesterday and I was thrilled to find there was no pain. I went running today as well. Prior to the injury I was running about 35-40 miles a week with my last long run being 19 miles. How fast should I get back to my running volume given that I had less than 3 weeks off? I want to get a few 20+ mile long runs as I'm hoping to do Philly end of November. I thought of doing 13 miles Saturday, 17 the next week-end, etc. Is that too fast of a come-back? Do you think going straight to 17 miles is too ambitious? Thanks, - Ronald
    stef007

Hi! I think before you go back to running, you must have a good running program or schedule. Read the article on this site for some runing program tips. http://www.marathon-training-schedule.com/running-program.html Stef
        I thought of doing 13 miles Saturday, 17 the next week-end, etc. Is that too fast of a come-back?
        No, I think this is fine.
        Do you think going straight to 17 miles is too ambitious?
        Maybe.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?