Total Yearly Mileage (Read 155 times)

AshlynBagge

Is there a way for my calendar to calculate my total mileage for me? I would like to see how many miles I ran last year so I can make a new goal for next year. Thanks for the help in advance!

jhootman

If you want to know your mileage from last year you can go to the Reports tab, select New Search, and do a search for runs from 1/1/17 to 12/31/17. You'll also have to have it grouped by Year for it to total it up for you.

an amazing likeness

Additionally to the previous reply...you can click the summary button in the upper-right from any report to get a summary of all the workout rows in your report.

Also you can add a goal widget with an annual distance goal to your log's main page and see your progress y-t-d.

Also you can add the yearly summary widget to your main log page to see miles last year and in current year.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Additionally to the previous reply...you can click the summary button in the upper-right from any report to get a summary of all the workout rows in your report.

Also you can add the yearly summary widget to your main log page to see miles last year and in current year.

Milktruck, I couldn't find the yearly summary widget. Statistics only offers weekly and monthly. Can you point me to it?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

If you want to know your mileage from last year you can go to the Reports tab, select New Search, and do a search for runs from 1/1/17 to 12/31/17. You'll also have to have it grouped by Year for it to total it up for you.

If you group your report by year, and specify an early start date and no end date, you can see all years on one page.  Examples:

https://www.runningahead.com/logs/a47d6758569a4a00b87f846bdf96b6c3/workouts?e10=10&g12=2000-01-01&zsm=12&zdg=4

https://www.runningahead.com/logs/a47d6758569a4a00b87f846bdf96b6c3/tools/graph?e10=10&g12=2001-01-01&zsm=12&zdg=4&x=12&y=20&t=0

an amazing likeness

Milktruck, I couldn't find the yearly summary widget. Statistics only offers weekly and monthly. Can you point me to it?

My apology, I mis-spoke (typed) -- I was thinking of a yearly goal widget which shows goal and progress. There is not a yearly distance summary widget.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

JLarson

Thanks for the replies guys, I was also looking for this info. The reports tab is helpful.

It seems for me to be reporting only running miles though - do you know how I can get all the associated data/graphs for swimming and cycling too? Maybe I'm missing it somewhere....

Edit - I think I found it. I knew I would if I posted about it!

AshlynBagge

Thanks so much for the help! I followed your advice @jhootman, and it worked well. Thanks again!

dumrunner

I have an "Overall" option in the "Group the results by" pull-down that shows current year mileage and mileage since joining RA.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I have an "Overall" option in the "Group the results by" pull-down that shows current year mileage and mileage since joining RA.

Yes, that applies to Reports, not to the Training Log summary page, AFAIK.

kcam

If you do this (don't bother grouping), when the report comes up look over to the far right and you will see a button  labeled summary.  click it and you will see your miles for 2017, along with total running time and total number of entries.  Very useful.