Metric or Imperial? (Read 85 times)

LRB

How do you want the splits that measure less than a mile imported into your log?

Julia1971

I was thinking the other day that it's been a long time since we've had a poll.  Thanks!

Joann Y

I was thinking the other day that it's been a long time since we've had a poll.  

X has been slacking off!

xhristopher

X has been slacking off!

True. Perhaps I should poll if an ostrich is actually faster than a seal. Actual science and examination be damned! The actual truth lies with how the answer makes one feel about oneself.

Julia1971

X has been slacking off!

I was going to do a variation of this poll with whether the United States should convert to metric.  You commies will pry our cups and gallons out of our cold, dead hands!

mikeymike

D is wrong. It should read: "Could care less: What's all the fuss about?"

Therefore I'm abstaining in protest.

Runners run

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Could care less implies that you do care a little bit.  Couldn’t care less means that you don’t care at all.

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

mikeymike

Could care less implies that you do care a little bit.  Couldn’t care less means that you don’t care at all.

I'm sorry that's not correct.

Runners run

D is wrong. It should read: "Could care less: What's all the fuss about?"

Therefore I'm abstaining in protest.

Knowing the OP very well, this comment will legitimately mess with his head.

Dave

LRB

Knowing the OP very well, this comment will legitimately mess with his head.

I actually had could care less as a 5th choice, but the clown emoji wouldn't post there.

rmcj001

I'm sorry that's not correct.

If you could care less then you, at the very least, care a little (or maybe you care way too much).  So how much do you care?   For reference here's Urban dictionary's explanation

Ray

Marylander

If you could care less then you, at the very least, care a little (or maybe you care way too much).  So how much do you care?   For reference here's Urban dictionary's explanation

There was apparently some intent to say it backwards in a kind of wry way by folks in the southern US at one point in time. It stuck but I'm betting most modern folks using it this way aren't aware of the origin...

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I could care more.

mikeymike

Urban Dictionary is wrong a lot though.

Runners run

JMac11

RIP Milkman

I could care more.

I approve of both the sentiment, but more importantly as a member of the grammar police, the phrase.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19)