Small glitch with pace calculator... (Read 943 times)

You'll ruin your knees!

Eric, I was entering my run this morning and I noticed something that might be a glitch. I did an 8 miler and my time on the run was 1 hour and 9 minutes even. I tried to enter the time as 1:09:00 and the pace came up as 7:30! Man, I was feeling pretty good, but the reality checker deep inside said no way was I pulling 7:30's for all 8 miles! Surprised Cool Anyway, I find that with a > than 1 hour run, when the minutes are single digit, the format has to be 1:9:00 (in my case this morning) to get the pace calculator to be correct. Not a problem, just thought you would want to know. Thanks again for all your hard work on this site...I am really enjoying it. Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

eric :)

Excellent find Lynn! I have found and fixed the problem. For everyone that's interested (except for Lynn because he's not a geek ;-)), the problem only occurs if the number is "08" and "09", but is fine for "07" and "10". The cause is the JavaScript function parseInt() assumes the number is octal when it sees a leading 0. Since 08 and 09 is not a valid octal number, it just returns 0.

You'll ruin your knees!

Yep, I thought it was that octal thing! Cool Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)