Awww... (Read 492 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

There's a mama wild turkey and a bunch of babies pecking around in our yard. We used to see a bunch of wild turkeys in our yard almost like clockwork, but it's been a while since we saw any. The babies are so cute (too bad they grow up to be so weird looking). Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I see them often on my aunt's property. A funny thing is when my uncle sees them first, he comes running (NOT an easy task for this old man) to get us, acting like a child seeing Santa putting presents under the tree. And...I agree, the babies are cute but when they get older, not so much. Smile

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

They aren't particularly smart, either...I've encountered flocks of them while out running and they don't always want to get out of the way--particularly during mating season...the males get too busy showing off and are oblivious to anything else. k

~ Sarah Kay

Basically... run!

Geese sure as hell don't care about getting out of your way. I saw a dozen or more sitting on the path near the lake I was running by last week. I figured if I waved my arms and made some noise, they would move. Nope. One of them casually sauntered off to the side, but the rest didn't even get up. I had to run around them while trying to dodge and incredible amount of poop.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Last Fall I encountered a couple of domestic geese that were along the side of a road with a loaf of bread someone had tossed. They hissed at me and started approaching, so I crossed the road. They were HUGE and pretty scary. k

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

...the males get too busy showing off and are oblivious to anything else. k
              Sounds like a singles bar...

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016