Could use suggestions for kid's running shoes. (Read 32 times)

Bruno

My oldest has really taken to running with my DW. He's 8.5 year's old and we're thinking of having him run a 5K with us this summer.

My question is for those of you with similar aged children that run, what do you do for their footwear?

Thanks!

I really don't think it matters all that much. It's not like they're doing high volume repetitive training, so any decent shoe that fits is probably okay. We've had good luck with service and fit and price at our local new balance store. My kids just ran their first 5k a few weeks ago (8 and 10). Keep it fun and relaxed.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

I recently got my son (age 5.5) Saucony Kotaro's because he was complaining that his old shoes were hurting his feet.  He seems to like the Saucony's pretty well.  He actually ran around for about 30 minutes after we first put them on just to show me how fast he was, which was pretty fun to watch.

Zakizo

Everyone has their own opinions on minimalist shoes I suppose. But I'm certainly a believer and I wish I would have had the opportunity to train my feet at a much earlier age. I would try something minimal or with a zero drop and see how it goes, I imagine it's a lot easier to get used to when they are young.

www.zakizo.com

Join the fire.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

My daughter is 9. She runs a couple of 5Ks with me every year in the same shoes she runs around at recess in. At this point, she isn't doing any regular training and certainly not the volume where I worry about her shoes.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.