2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

Run Long, and Prosper!

Day 4 had me running 3 more miles this morning.

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson

CT JEFF

5.35 with a headlamp. Day 10.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

Intentionally Blank

Been running short and easy since Monkey, plus I was traveling.  But now I'm home and feeling good.  4.6 miles today.

xhristopher

... I'm going to keep it going through the Christmas holiday and our family ski vacation.  I've never been able to convince my wife that I need to go spend even 10 or 15 minutes on the treadmill in the hotel after a full day of skiing.  Something about family time and stuff like that.  Who knows, I might be able to sneak in 10 or 15 minutes this year, it does seem kind of silly though.

Get up 15 minutes earlier than everyone else and get your run in. You are fit enough that it will be like nothing to you. In fact, I'll bet it will actually make you feel better and more energized for the day. That's what I did before driving 11 hours Saturday. I returned with a cup of coffee for my wife right as the alarm was ringing. It was like magic!

6 miles on day 6. Rainy & raw, but felt good.

End of week 1: Streak is 4 days long with an average of 5k per day.

All I have to say about today is, I like running in the cold and running in the rain, but not both at the same time.  Getting the treadmill set up has moved to the top of my to do list.

fimmx

5.26 for the day. So I start the day lazy, the bed is just so nice and warm and comfortable. Decide to snooze and run later, and am grumpy all morning 'cause I didn't go running first thing. Bah! I should know me better.

Runner100

-

Christirei

through the first week without missing a run AND my whole family had a stomach virus one by one....so pretty good week for me! 6 mile fartlek run for me this morning

Run Long, and Prosper!

Day 5: Check!

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson

Managing to stay with my target of maintaining at least a 3 mi average/per day but 5:30 am sure seemed to come early today after a nice long break from work.

sugnim

Only 1.1 in the dark with cold, slushy rain coming down.  An arctic cold front is moving in and we're supposed to get down to -12 in the coming days.  We'll see how I do!

Only 1.1 in the dark with cold, slushy rain coming down.  An arctic cold front is moving in and we're supposed to get down to -12 in the coming days.  We'll see how I do!

this is the stuff that makes our weather so much more tolerable. balmy 44 degrees this morning.

Get off my porch

xhristopher

Travel and fatigue are not acceptable reasons for dropping out. Yesterday I finished a 2000 mile road trip driving the last 4.5 hours through rain and thanksgiving holiday traffic only to head back out the door an hour later for 15 with the last 12 at marathon pace in the dark, upper 30s, with constant rain. I averaged over 8 miles per day during my driving days so it all feels downhill from here. Having done this before I know it isn't. Not even close. I'm thankful I've already run today because I'm tired.

xhristopher

Anyone else want to post a December mileage goal?? Step right up.