2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

joescott

Get up 15 minutes earlier than everyone else and get your run in. You are fit enough that it will be like nothing to you. In fact, I'll bet it will actually make you feel better and more energized for the day. That's what I did before driving 11 hours Saturday. I returned with a cup of coffee for my wife right as the alarm was ringing. It was like magic!

Xhris, I dub thee the Excuse Executioner!

My HRS is still intact with a nice, foggy run this morning.  (And a few miles yesterday afternoon -- forgot to check in here).

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

xhristopher

Xhris, I dub thee the Excuse Executioner!

If you aren't sick or injured, run.

That said, I did get the family on board before committing to this madness. Last year I remember frequently knocking out a mile or two in the morning just in case life got in the way later in the day. Ultimately it made for a bunch of doubles.

Run, people!!

xhristopher

Anyone else want to post a December mileage goal?? Step right up.

Bump!

mikeymike

So far so good.

The only 2 days I'm really worried about are Dec 14th (day after xc club nationals) and Christmas. Christmas day I should be able to find 15-20 minutes to run ... the 14th I'm flying basically all day so not so sure it will be possible. I won't kill myself over it.

Oh and my 301 is probably a pipe dream, but I'd be psyched with anything over 275.

Runners run

Intentionally Blank

I once ran circles in the airport terminal.  I looked like a tool, but kept the streak up.

xhristopher

I've seen people post laps around hotels, parking lots and airport terminals here. Real streakers are some crazy folk.

MTA: sruiz to the rescue. I think it was Ennay who ran laps around the hotel.

mikeymike

Yeah that ain't happening.

Runners run

My flight out after XC Club Nationals is at 5:30am. I'm 98% sure I'll be drunk with Mike and EJ and pulling an all nighter so I dont miss my plane. Does a mile run from the Police count?

Evolving body parts

Okay, looks like my first post ever on RA must be a streak challenge signup Smile 

Now fully recovered from a past injury, I've got a mini streak going for about a week now. I'll have almost two weeks off in Dec, which should help.

According to the rules, I should aim for 286km or 178 miles, right? 

Thanks x for keeping tabs Smile

xhristopher

My flight out of after XC Club Nationals is at 5:30am. I'm 98% sure I'll be drunk with Mike and EJ and pulling an all nighter so I dont miss my plane. Does a mile run from the Police count?

Sounds good to me. Since it's in Oregon they will probably be on bikes but you guys will still have to slow down so they don't loose contact for the mile.

Was never able to streak, so why the heck not.  Have run since Thursday, so technically I should be eligible to participate right?  Highest monthly mileage this year 185, so need 6 miles a day for 186 - easy math.

xhristopher

Was never able to streak, so why the heck not.  Have run since Thursday, so technically I should be eligible to participate right?  Highest monthly mileage this year 185, so need 6 miles a day for 186 - easy math.

Welcome Happyfeet! You're almost there.

Runner100

-

You're almost there.

For the benefit of other participants, X is referring to one of my whiny posts someplace else.

Evolving body parts

+10.7 km

Pretty cold and I'm down to my thinnest pair of gloves, but at least no sleet yet.