2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

Sneaker Chains weather (YakTrax)

Maybe 10% of my run on wet pavement, rest ice & snow - I'm hoping we'll get a warm enough stretch to melt some ice in the next couple weeks. At least to smooth out the footprints from when it got slushy then froze.

This is very cool.I play hockey on tuesdays during the winter though, but I'll still make december a month in which I don't take friday off. So that will be 6 running days + 1 hockey day. Won't join officially but I'm still going to follow the idea, in my own way.

No reason you can't run the same day you play hockey - I have. Especially to run a mile in the morning before an evening game or vice-versa.

xhristopher

No reason you can't run the same day you play hockey - I have. Especially to run a mile in the morning before an evening game or vice-versa.

Nothing like a winter running Canadian to help squelch the excuses round here.

Harden up folks and run!

4 on day 7.

PADRunner

1.8 for the day.

npaden

I hardened up and got out there today.  66 degrees, 20% humidity, partly cloudy and a 7 mph breeze.  Wink

I'm on day 8 of my current streak.  Averaging 6.2 miles right now.  Did 6.3 tonight.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I think it's pretty spiffy that this is the most active RA thread right now!

TJoseph

I flew from California to Maine and then ran 6 on the hotel treadmill.

CT JEFF

Agreed! 15.3 miles today. Wanted to do 16, but didn't map my route beforehand and it got dark quick.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

xhristopher

That's the spirit!

Joann Y

Active and not adversarial, yes!

xhristopher

And it's about getting your ass up and just running, nothing more, except more running.

Joann Y

And it's about getting your ass up and just running, nothing more, except more running.

Active ass, yes!

Hoban-Jay

I'm impressed...or mortified!?

I can't begin to imagine running 6 miles on a treadmill.  I can only get on one of those things, if it's way too cold AND windy to run outside.  Even then, I will have tried to run outside, got in 2-3 miles or so, then force myself to run another couple of miles on the hamster wheel.

Run Long, and Prosper!

Ran a double yesterday for day 5: 5 in the am, 10 in the pm.

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson