2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

npaden

My outside runs earlier in the week were 66, 67 and 69 degrees.  Was supposed to do 12 today (on a very haphazard personal training plan) and it was 14 degrees out but since I still wasn't going to get to join the more miles than degrees club, I just knocked out 6 with the dogs.  They had a great time.

running with the dogs

Really wasn't very bad, I could have done a long run no problem, but kept it to 6 with the dogs.  They had a great time.  Had to keep a pretty short stride on the packed snow/ice but never felt like I was going to fall or anything.

This is just normal conditions for several of you, but pretty unusual for around here.

Streak still going.  Monday is going to be tough as I will be traveling for work and not getting to my hotel until after midnight.  Going to have to figure out a way to get a run in that morning or fit one in after a meeting but before I go to the airport.  I may just have to get up early and knock out a couple miles on the treadmill to keep the streak going.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

xhristopher

The dogs look happy. You'll get that run in. You can do it in work clothes. It's too cold to sweat just running a mile.

6 on day 12. Cool dogs.

joescott

got it done this afternoon.  still on track.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Evolving body parts

11.5 miles. I officially broke my previous streak mileage Big grin

Wasn't that hard, I know, but still...

Run Long, and Prosper!

Streak still going with an easy 5 this morning in the rain w/ a feels like temp of 30*. Currently 2 miles behind my December goal pace, but I'll more than erase that with Monday's run.

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson

17F at the start of a 22 miler with some good friends this morning.  Warmed up to about 20F and started snowing nicely by the end of the run.

Last run before I start my training plan for a spring marathon.  That'll make it easier to stick to the streak...since there's no planned rest days in it, anyway.

This week, my warmest run was ~65F.  My coldest was a 14F.  It'd been a weird week in Ohio.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                Emil Zatopek

TJoseph

10 miles for me today

Carbs and Cabernet

Day 11 - check.

I installed the plug-ins that Garmin wanted me to install and will now be logging at RA also, so I guess I am now official and can prove my (modest, alas! Shy) mileage.

Yey - this is so much fun!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Only four miles, in three inches of snow and snow coming down.  It was pretty nice, though.

So...day 10, happy. Some things I'm noticing since starting the streak: I take time for running with no bad conscience (I always had problems with that, given my somewhat erratic work hours as a wedding/family photographer - I'm never around on weekends in the season). My thunder tighs are getting even more thunderous (no complaints from my husband here Shy ). I'm not tired at all (well, the mileage is low, but still). I feel  I'm getting stronger.

My sinuses (chronic sinus infection sufferer here) want to act up. But I have no plans of letting them do that Angry.

Hoban-Jay

broke the streak after 11 days...three days of -13, -8 and -9 weather...no treadmill and no gym so no run!   ran short today though on my lunch break and will do so again later.

4 miles day 13. Went out at 3 PM. Usually a pre-sunrise or post-sunset runner. Felt odd to be out in daylight.

PADRunner

Still going, 6.5 today.

A majority of my mileage this weekend was at something other than a relaxed and easy pace. But, hey, still going.

Runners run