2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

Run Long, and Prosper!

My streak is still alive, barely.  My pharyngitis/laryngitis/bronchitis is in full bloom and I can barely talk, yet my legs were up for getting out and moving (a little).  The biggest challenge was dealing with DW's wrath over this obsession. Smile She is convinced that running while sick will kill me; my retort is that running makes everything better.  You can see if my streak and my RA presence ends over the next day or two to find out whether DW was correct.

Today's run was a very minimal two miles.

Hope you feel better soon. I'm in the same boat as my wife, had to wait for her to go to bed and sneak out for a short one. Thankfully she goes to bed fairly early. Big grin

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Hope you feel better soon. I'm in the same boat as my wife, had to wait for her to go to bed and sneak out for a short one. Thankfully she goes to bed fairly early. Big grin

Glad I'm not the only one! Smile

TJoseph

I took the easy way out and just ran a mile after a late dinner with coworkers.

Runner100

-

Runner100

-

Joann Y

6 done

joescott

check!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

16 days in and still chugging along - 5.5 on treadmill last night and 2.2 this morning in a gentle snow.

Legs are feeling a bit tired and the shine is definitely going off the apple as far as running in single digit temps/negative wind chills is concerned, but we'll keep moving forward.

xhristopher

I'm glad Monday's slog after Sunday's long run was just a blip. Unfortunately black ice has become a menace around here.

jpdeaux

Did you mean to log two runs for yesterday?

I'm glad Monday's slog after Sunday's long run was just a blip. Unfortunately black ice has become a menace around here.

xhristopher

Yep. I had a 30 minute window in the morning, so I ran. Just in case and for a couple extra miles on the pile. I run lame doubles.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I'm still here, better, and logged my normal 6.5 this morning. Smile

MTA:  DW was asleep! Smile

MTA:  The throat and chest crud has been a setback, though, and I'm pretty dubious about the 237 miles goal.

Joann Y

Fantastic!

Evolving body parts

Just shy of 7 miles for today.

Evolving body parts

I'm still here, better, and logged my normal 6.5 this morning. Smile

MTA:  DW was asleep! Smile

MTA:  The throat and chest crud has been a setback, though, and I'm pretty dubious about the 237 miles goal.

Way to go! I just ran though a mild cold. Runny nose and a little soreness in the throat don't stop me. Running actually helps getting rid of the bugs. But if the stuff is lower in the trachea or lungs or have a fever, I usually take a few days off.

So hats off to you - and be careful.