2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

Joann Y

I guess I'm late, I missed Thanksgiving by a while, but I started Monday. I'm in for the rest of it though.

Our Thanksgiving isn't until this Thursday, so you are in luck!

Hoban-Jay

I'm IN !!!

xhristopher

Our Thanksgiving isn't until this Thursday, so you are in luck!

Feel free to overindulge with us.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

If you start running at 2330 and run past midnight, can you count it for both days?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Count me in

EDIT: oops, I missed the part about the mileage. Last year's holiday run streak was my longest and I racked up 126 miles, which pales in comparison to many of you fine folks.

xhristopher

If you start running at 2330 and run past midnight, can you count it for both days?

If you log a mile in each day I'll let it slide. I'd really prefer you keep that kind of mischief within the context of an ultra so you don't come off appearing dishonorable to the rest of us. I know it's going to cramp your style so I'll add you to the list.

Where do the assigned mileage numbers come from?  I don't really consider myself a streaker either, there just aren't any good reasons to not run on most days.

Joann Y

if you f* with xhristopher, apparently he assigns you mileage. but what do i know.

xhristopher

Where do the assigned mileage numbers come from?  I don't really consider myself a streaker either, there just aren't any good reasons to not run on most days.

Either you ask for something reasonable, like Dougal did with 250, or I just give you one mile more than your highest monthly total this year making December your biggest total of the year.

Joann, that's 142 for you. How does that sound?

Joann Y

I'm shooting for the stars. 180 for December please.

I'm in.  I'll come back on 12/1 with my +1 goal based on my November mileage.

Runner100

-

xhristopher

I don't know about you but I'm excited. This Is my last big chance of the year to turn my niggles into fully-fledged injuries.

There's no rrequirement to run it hard. Slow down and enjoy the windchill. You might be lucky enough to freeze part of your butt off.

Christirei

I'm in, never tried a holiday streak like this...in fact, never have tried anything like this before. But my motivation is lagging, my life is stressful, and I like having a goal. So count me in

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Either you ask for something reasonable, like Dougal did with 250, or I just give you one mile more than your highest monthly total this year making December your biggest total of the year.

Joann, that's 142 for you. How does that sound?

Okay, challenge accepted.  I had 233 in September, going for 234 in December.