2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

CT JEFF

What is your FM in 5 weeks?

ARENA ATTACK - indoor Hartford, CT marathon. Sounded novel, so I was in. 0.2 mile laps (urgh!) The one time when TM training is actually more useful than road training???

http://www.sneaa.org/arena-attack-race-series/arena-attack-xl-center/

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

xhristopher

ARENA ATTACK - indoor Hartford, CT marathon. Sounded novel, so I was in. 0.2 mile laps (urgh!) The one time when TM training is actually more useful than road training???

http://www.sneaa.org/arena-attack-race-series/arena-attack-xl-center/

While I disagree that TM training will be MORE useful than road training I do think you may be LESS penalized for it in this situation.

Good luck! I know a guy who tried to run a marathon on a small looped course just last month.

TJoseph

Another run done for me

5 on day 23. After yesterday's 3 degree run today's 27 degrees felt positively toasty.

Runner100

-

Christirei

still in, although my ankle is starting to get sore this week. Found a little free 5K put on by my local running club on New Years Day so i think that might be a fun way to end this streak

PADRunner

4 easy this morning for day 100!

5 insurance miles on the treadmill this AM, hoping to make it to track tonight.

Runners run

xhristopher

All I'm getting this week are insurance miles and short doubles, not the training I hope for. No track for me today. Despite the slower pace in the snow, I can feel the effort. That's good as long as I can stay upright. I've only hit the deck once so far.

Evolving body parts

Streak still alive. Last night there was invisible thin ice over most of the (less traveled) roads. Downhill was very tricky, quite dangerous in fact. I ran on the shoulder wherever I could. All in all a slow but good run.

Tonight we have a company Christmas party, I hope I can do a late night shuffle.

Anybody here streaking on the southern hemisphere and having a ball?

Joann Y

3 done. Warmish and pleasant out there this morning.

xhristopher

3 done. Warmish and pleasant out there this morning.

That's exactly my run this morning. It's a sad state of affairs when I think it's a nice warm morning and then check to see it's 28 degrees.

Joann Y

That's exactly my run this morning. It's a sad state of affairs when I think it's a nice warm morning and then check to see it's 28 degrees.

Same. It was like 31 degrees.

xhristopher

TWO WEEKS TO GO!!

Ok, we've dropped a dozen runners along the way. I trust they are still working consistently towards their end of year mileage goals.

How's everyone doing? Anyone else out? Anyone barely hanging on sick or dinged up?

I'm still in.  It's been tough mentally a few times, as we've had a lot of ice, freeze-melt-refreeze of slush, and single-digit temperatures a few times already. I put more miles on my YakTrax last week than I ever have in a week before (~57 miles...only one day without wearing them).

Yesterday's run came after car trouble, so I started three hours late and hungry, but I got it done.  The streak is almost secondary at this point.  I want a big marathon PR in April, and I'm paying the dues now.  Feeling great physically, but if I get sleeted or hailed on again soon, I might break down and get a pass to the YMCA or something.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                                Emil Zatopek