2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

xhristopher

I'm in, never tried a holiday streak like this...in fact, never have tried anything like this before. But my motivation is lagging, my life is stressful, and I like having a goal. So count me in

While I can't commiserate in the motivation department I can relate to stress and goals. When done right running should reduce that stress, not add to it. I think you will like it.

Getting through the first week of this is going to be tough for me. We're doing a long road trip over Thanksgiving with two days of 700 mile driving. If I can make it through that the rest of you folks had better produce a doctors note if you dare to stop running. Anybody who checks in at 11:50 pm saying they didn't get their mile will be told to go out and run. And no AmoresPerros funny business.

I'm in, but don't think I'll be able to run more than I did in August... however, if I don't skip a day in December, that will be a new streaking record for me (assuming I keep running every day for the rest of this month).

xhristopher

I'm in, but don't think I'll be able to run more than I did in August... however, if I don't skip a day in December, that will be a new streaking record for me (assuming I keep running every day for the rest of this month).

The streak is from Thanksgiving to New Year's Day. Your streak will span from November to January.

The streak is from Thanksgiving to New Year's Day. Your streak will span from November to January.

Woops, right. Got it.

xhristopher

Woops, right. Got it.

And yeah, August will be hard to top. Looks like that was a big month.

I'm in. I did this streak in 2011-2012, and it remains my longest streak to date, as I'm not normally a streaker.

PRs: 5K: 21:25, 10K: 44:05, HM: 1:38:23* (downhill), M: 3:32:09

Run Long, and Prosper!

I'm up for the challenge, my longest streak to date is 13 days...will be interesting to see how it goes

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson

xhristopher

SeanV2. The blame for this here thread goes through you. Hope you can join.

toughest run of the current streak. 37 degrees and a steady rain. easier to get out the door to meet the fellas the day after sunday's rinky dink marathon.

Get off my porch

Hill Slug

Count me in!

All time PR:  1:20 HM. 2:49 M

2013 goal:  Master's PR HM  Recover from illness/finish the year strong

Rage, rage against the dying of the light

I am not going to beat my highest mileage month this year (407) but if you will take 330 put me down for that.

Either you ask for something reasonable, like Dougal did with 250, or I just give you one mile more than your highest monthly total this year making December your biggest total of the year.

Joann, that's 142 for you. How does that sound?

TJoseph

I'm in.  I have to travel back to Maine next month for work and need something to get me out the door in that cold weather.  There is something wrong with the thermometers there.  It always feels ten degrees colder than the thermometer says.  I completely blanked last week while there except one try on the treadmill that ended with my calf cramped up.

ultramarathon/triathlete

Sure

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                            Gatorade Endurance Team

sugnim

I'm going to give this a go.

joescott

Xhris, I am curious to join you guys, but how do you "assign" mileage targets....  Are you the 2013 HRS god and you just tell it the way it's going to be, or what?

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.