2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

xhristopher

Still recovering from last night's dumbness, I pushed today's run later into the day to ensure maximum recovery. I gutted out 5 miles of hills at a strong pace but wasn't up for the 8 I had hoped for. I'm so grateful for 9 hours of sleep.

My wife keeps tally of the different birds she sees on her runs. Her list for this year hit 112 species today when I caught up to her as she was looking at a bunch of geese.

Great!

I've never counted but today's trail run was a blast, mud, ice, hills, deer, and lot's of birds. Favorites today, probably the blue birds, they just seem to be extra bright blue on a sunny cold day.

Still going.

Get off my porch

Still at it. Quick run to come home to chicken and homemade noodles - a Christmas Eve tradition. Yum!

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Came to Colorado to run at a balmy 44 degrees, avoiding -20 wind chill at home. Nice!

Christirei

So far am loving this streak and put in another five miles today. I passed 2000 miles for the year, which probably would not have happened if not for this streak, so that is pretty cool. Unfortunately for the next three days I'll be at my mom's lake house in the middle of nowhere and the only way to run is out on the ice covered gravel roads. And last year I got lost. So probably bare min for the next three days and then hitting it back hard until new years!

mikeymike

A cold but sunny 5 miles. Had the streets mostly to myself this morning. Merry Christmas everyone.

Runners run

Peaceful 4.5. Merry Xmas, RA.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
                TJoseph

An easy 5 this morning.  Merry Christmas!

4.2 on day 30. Now off to my folks for family & roast beast. Peace.

Bright, sunny 4.2 miles before all 5 kids + spouses + 6 grandkids come to celebrate Christmas with us. Here's to peace on earth!

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

Intentionally Blank

My gift to myself was a quiet 6 mile run while the kids played with new toys and the grown ups replenished their coffee.  Today is day 1132 of my streak.  Have a nice day, everyone.

joescott

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

TJoseph

12 slushy, slippery miles.  Merry Christmas.

Very creative!  And you even finished where you started.

xhristopher

Headed out for 8-10 and shut it down at 2. Rare breathing issues so I didn't push it. Tomorrow's a new day. Gonna hit the champagne and wine soon.

xhristopher

12 slushy, slippery miles.  Merry Christmas.

Yes, creative. But isn't that supposed to be your Good Friday run?