2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

joescott

Yes, creative. But isn't that supposed to be your Good Friday run?

It would serve for that as well, indeed!  And it would have been much easier to do since the sidewalks are not usually slushy and icy in March or April!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Run Long, and Prosper!

Ugh, I'm out Yesterday just got away from me getting everything prepped for Christmas. Was wrapping presents until almost 1am. May still hit my mileage goal...we shall see.  I enjoyed it and It was by far my longest streak, may have to try it again when there are no holiday festivities getting in the way.

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson

npaden

Very neat route map joescott.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Impressive streak, sruiz! Creative mapmaking, joescott! Merry Christmas everyone!

CT JEFF

Im still in! 3.15 miles on the track last night. Didnt dress well. A couple degrees colder, but better dressed (new Christmas clothes!!) 6.3 miles tonight. I am getting pretty positive on this running every day thing. I really tried hard to avoid the minimum 1 mile days, but its a nice option when you are sick or just to get you out the door. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. I have family coming over this weekend as we continue our celebration. Staying up late and getting up early seem to help me get my miles in. DAY 35.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

Evolving body parts

joescott, very nice, thank you. I've always wanted to do something like that - the closest I came up with was a Christmas tree - turned out to be a very crooked one.

About 7 miles on autopilot today. There must be a ban on driving cars in our town, I saw only a couple of offenders. A few stray dogs and two cops (on foot). They seemed to be surprised to see a living soul out there.

Merry Chistmas to you all!

TJoseph

Anyone else want to post a December mileage goal?? Step right up.

Privately, I had been hoping to hit 200, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen now.  I will settle for breaking 1500 for the year.

xhristopher

-

OK, Dougal, er Runner100. I see you have gone into the witness protection program.

This is the internet. Nothing really goes away so deleting every post you've put here (many of which are quoted) probably isn't the best way to spend your precious time. All it does is constantly bump and promote the fact you are trying to clear your history.

I wish you the best on your future running endeavors.

xhristopher

Ugh, I'm out Yesterday just got away from me getting everything prepped for Christmas. Was wrapping presents until almost 1am. May still hit my mileage goal...we shall see.  I enjoyed it and It was by far my longest streak, may have to try it again when there are no holiday festivities getting in the way.

Sorry to hear Joe. Wish there was a way to roll back the clock.

Still alive! Late evening run last night fueled by far too many butter-ladened Xmas cookies was more of a tussle than a single mile should have been, but the streak is in tact nonetheless.

joescott

Stayin' alive!  6 easy over lunch.  36 degrees, nearly tropical!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Today is day 1132 of my streak.

That's some kind of SF to me. Cool!

I'm still in. Never thought I'll ever be streaking and even enjoying it, but I do. Happy!

matlockrl

I just started running the beginning of Oct doing a C25K program with a local running group.  Our leaded told us about doing a Holiday Streak..... so far I'm still in, from Thanksgiving through today!

TJoseph

8 miles for today and 1500 for the year.  51 degrees and sunny.  You couldn't ask for better running weather.

Haven't participated in this thread yet (except to sign up). Been in an online running competition so had to keep my miles hidden. But that is over and now I need to find the mojo to keep this streak going. Really don't want to run today, but seeing how you all are getting it done...I will get out there. I have hit 200 miles this month, which is more than ever (by a long shot).

Hope you all had a great holiday!