2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

Basically all day today the conditions were perfect for running ... except for about a 90 minute window during which I tried to do my workout. It started snowing while I was getting dressed for running, snowed like a bastard for the entire workout--with visibility down to about 30 feet for a while in the middle, and piling up very quickly underfoot--then stopped as I was jogging my cooldown.

But, hey, got it done.

Runners run

Ojo

5 days left and 75 miles to go -- looks like I am going not going to make it to 2400 miles this year.

At least I still have my streak going! 

Sara

MM #2929

joescott

5 days left and 75 miles to go -- looks like I am going not going to make it to 2400 miles this year.

At least I still have my streak going! 

15 / day.  What's the problem??

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Ojo

Dead legs. . . I am going to try for 26 - 30 miles Saturday but we'll see how it goes.  I ran my first 100 mile race 10/26 followed by a marathon 3 weeks later and that did me in.  I really wish there wasn't a problem!! 

15 / day.  What's the problem??

Sara

MM #2929

joescott

Ha.  I was just giving you a hard time for sport because your mileage and streak are pretty darn impressive, and I figured 15 per day wouldn't really be a huge stretch for you if you were really motivated to hit the number.

- Joe

Ojo

Thanks!    The ultimate goal to beat the old streak.  Last one was stopped due to surgery and luckily I don't see any issues like that popping up again.

Ha.  I was just giving you a hard time for sport because your mileage and streak are pretty darn impressive, and I figured 15 per day wouldn't really be a huge stretch for you if you were really motivated to hit the number.

Sara

MM #2929

4 miles. Not sure how many days. The bar graph thingy goes all the way across. Fresh snow. Roads okay. Clear night. Lots of stars. Venus pretty bright.

xhristopher

I seem to be slightly under the weather, which is sapping my energy. 5 miles felt like a lot today. Looking at my December mileage goal, I'm going to need to feel better and not miss a beat for the next 5 days.

Hope you start feeling better XChristopher. Hang in there.

I've got little people staying with me this weekend. As much as I love them, I look forward to time on the road by myself. This streak is really something else. I don't have to talk myself into getting up and out the door. I just do it.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

joescott

Hang in there, Chris!

6 easy for me this morning, so only 5 more days to go.

Mother in law is staying for a few days so the 4-year-old is in our room.  In a greater achievement than actually running, I succeeded in getting up, dressed and out for my run this morning without waking her up.  This is a minor miracle because she is usually a very light sleeper in the mornings.     Who knew that I am also a ninja?

- Joe

Joann Y

4 miles done this morning. Still hanging in there with the streak and on target for my mileage goal. I definitely would not have hit this mileage if I wasn't accountable to you all this month. Nice weekend coming up here, looking forward to some sunshine.

CT JEFF

Hang in there, Chris!

6 easy for me this morning, so only 5 more days to go.

Mother in law is staying for a few days so the 4-year-old is in our room.  In a greater achievement than actually running, I succeeded in getting up, dressed and out for my run this morning without waking her up.  This is a minor miracle because she is usually a very light sleeper in the mornings.     Who knew that I am also a ninja?

Congrats on keeping the sleepers sleeping.   

Facebook has a group called Ninja Runners.

Had a great midnight run last night. Too nice not to run. Getting dressed now. Ended up doing some Hills last night.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

My streak is still going but the mileage not so much.

Hope you're feeling better soon, x.

steph  

xhristopher

Got 3.5 in this morning and hope for 5 this afternoon. Feeling a little better but really feel slow and sluggish when running. It's trending in the right direction. Drinking lots of tea helps. I really want to hit my highest monthly mileage for the year this month.

CT JEFF

Been getting through the teens for temps at night. 34* today was awesome! Expected heavy legs after last nights HILLS. but after first mile, felt good! Even finished strong! 6.44 in 59:41. Thought I could have worn another layer, but passed a runner in shorts!

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!