2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

Yesterday was 18 degrees -- today 50 degree. I ran in a single layer with skin exposed. Gotta love Kansas weather.

I set a goal of 50 miles for this streak, which is 15 miles more than I've ever run in a month. I passed the 50 mark a couple days ago. HUGE milestone for me and there's still more ahead. 

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

TJoseph

Another 8 miles for today.  55 degrees and sunny out.

PADRunner

I got 2 miles his afternoon after my procedure this morning. So I'm still in it.

xhristopher

I got 2 miles his afternoon after my procedure this morning. So I'm still in it.

Fortitude!

4 on day 32. Figured out to flip the 30 day graph thingy to 90 days. Doesn't look as impressive. Temps were in the mid 30's today. Roads were swell.

fimmx

Cheated on my SRD. 4.x easy.

joescott

6 easy on an incredibly sunny and beautiful 45 degree morning.  I think it's supposed to drop down into the single digits tonight though.    

4 more days to go to complete Xhristopher's magical marvelous holiday streaking extravaganza!!  (We're supposed to run New Year's Day, right?)

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Intentionally Blank

Spouse had to work today, so it was off the the Y where I could take advantage of the childcare.  152 laps around the indoor track=8 miles.

joe- my daughter and I are doing a 5k fun run on New Year's Day.  Would be a shame to start the first day I the year with a rest day.

Beautiful day to run. An easy 7-8 turned into 10.

Runners run

A recovery 6 turned into a progression / tempo. Too nice out there.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
                      Joann Y

Ooh boy, what a morning.

Toe has been hurting the last couple of days and I've been trying to ignore it. Finally realized it's a blister, which is really dumb but still, really painful. I figure those ultra folks deal with this all the time and I shouldn't be a wimp so I'm dealing.

Brother and sister-in-law stayed the night and wanted to run this morning so I took them out for an easy 4 miler around the park. My 8 year old son wanted to go too and how could I discourage him when he's showing an interest in running. He's done a couple 3-4 mile runs with walk breaks before so I figure, why not. About halfway through, he ends up having major difficulty breathing and I realize he's having an asthma attack. The fear on his face...shit. I got him to calm down, some. And now it's all fine, but damn it! Poor child. Not the end of the world but this is not something I wanted to have to worry about. In any case, we'll figure it out.

All said, so far I've done 2 miles out of the 8 I had planned for myself. Eat a little something and head back out in an hour or so.

6 easy on an incredibly sunny and beautiful 45 degree morning.  I think it's supposed to drop down into the single digits tonight though.    

4 more days to go to complete Xhristopher's magical marvelous holiday streaking extravaganza!!  (We're supposed to run New Year's Day, right?)

I have always assumed we run New Year's Day since I think the streak goes through New Year's. I plan to keep mine going a few days longer to break my previous streak record of 39 days. 7.5 for me on day 32, 4.8 of those with one of my running groups. Great job, everyone!

PRs: 5K: 21:25, 10K: 44:05, HM: 1:38:23* (downhill), M: 3:32:09

Carbs and Cabernet

You are not supposed to drive afterwards. Did the instructions mention running?  Presumably allowed if not explicitly forbidden?

Carbs and Cabernet

Xhristopher's magical marvelous holiday streaking extravaganza!

Just love the way you phrased it!

joescott

joe- my daughter and I are doing a 5k fun run on New Year's Day.  Would be a shame to start the first day I the year with a rest day.

Yay!  Good luck to the both of you!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.