2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

16 mile progression run. Boom.

Awesome progression run!

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

xhristopher

A strong 17 today after a strong 10 yesterday. I've now met my mileage goal for the month and, for a second year in a row, have made December my highest milage month of the year due to this holiday streak. I should coast to over 250 miles for the month which ain't too shabby considering I've got a marathon in two weeks. I suppose I should consider tapering at some point. Two weeks still feels too long. Oh, as an added unplanned bonus, I hit my highest mileage ever this year. But I suspect, due to triathloning, I did more work last year...

Three days to go. If you are still in it consider this your victory lap.

joescott

Nice job, Chris!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

PADRunner

You are not supposed to drive afterwards. Did the instructions mention running?  Presumably allowed if not explicitly forbidden?

Didn't ask, didn't want to here no.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

My mileage numbers are not big, but I'm still in this. It would be really nice to see the windchill warmer than -30*C, but we've only had a handful of those all month.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Still in and only .5 miles to meet my goal of 100 miles fo rDecember.  Didn't think I was going to make it.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

Awesome progression run!

Thanks, kind of a stunt but still a good workout.

Runners run

A strong 17 today after a strong 10 yesterday. I've now met my mileage goal for the month and, for a second year in a row, have made December my highest milage month of the year due to this holiday streak. I should coast to over 250 miles for the month which ain't too shabby considering I've got a marathon in two weeks. I suppose I should consider tapering at some point. Two weeks still feels too long. Oh, as an added unplanned bonus, I hit my highest mileage ever this year. But I suspect, due to triathloning, I did more work last year...

Three days to go. If you are still in it consider this your victory lap.

All you need to do now is limit time on feet in the couple days before your race, and get decent weather. You're sub-3 ready.

Don't do anything stupid like a 50k training run in sub-zero temperatures around Lake Q on Saturday.

Runners run

xhristopher

Time on feet won't be limited. I'm more worried about the three days walking around Disney prior than the weather. It will be what it will be.

Looking at the forecast I see a n'oreaster is on tap for Thursday and Friday this week. It looks like a good opportunity to wrap up the streak before things get out of hand.

I don't reccomend moving the 50k to the judgement free zone. The chafing would be unbearable.

Carbs and Cabernet

Shaping up to be highest mileage month and year ever for me. Really looking forward to next year and the possibilities that await. it is all a bit of an obsession but I don't think I could do it any other way. Almost starting to think of myself as a runner even.

Hereby joining the highest mileage month and year ever club.

I signed up for a modest 80 miles for December with August being my highest month at 111, and here I am at 117, with another December day to go. In hindsight - I could have asked Xhris for a mileage assignment of the highest month +1, but back in November that number seemed outrageously impossible.

Who would have thunk?

"Xhristopher's magical marvelous holiday streaking extravaganza!!" How' s that as a running mantra?

Joann Y

Hereby joining the highest mileage month and year ever club.

I signed up for a modest 80 miles for December with August being my highest month at 111, and here I am at 117, with another December day to go. In hindsight - I could have asked Xhris for a mileage assignment of the highest month +1, but back in November that number seemed outrageously impossible.

Who would have thunk?

"Xhristopher's magical marvelous holiday streaking extravaganza!!" How' s that as a running mantra?

Fantastic! Great to see what people are putting up this month. One of the most valuable things about RA, I've found, is the ability to see just what other people are doing. Like peeking at stalking their logs and seeing what it actually takes to be a runner. I really had no idea.

joescott

13.  Two runs to go!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

TJoseph

8 miles again today

Ojo

5 miles today.  I will run 5 again tomorrow to at least get 200 miles in for the month.

Sara

MM #2929

Running Rev'd

2 more days to my first-ever successful holiday running streak. As a minister, usually Christmas wipes me out, but this year, I've sucked it up. Great work everyone!

Called to Endure - Blog

"Everyone gets the sunset. Only the dedicated earn the sunrise."