2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

Evolving body parts

WHOOHOO! I guess my time zone helps being one of the first finishers!

An easy 6.6 miles for New Year's day completes my longest streak ever! Completed but probably not finished yet, as I susprisingly managed to stay injury and ache-free throughout the streak. Some good stuff came out of this:

1. Like I said, longest streak, by far. 40 days. 
    2. Dec was my highest monthly mileage ever (206 mi)
    3. Dec also was my fastest average pace month ever (5:34/km, I know it's still very slow).
    4. My initial distance goal for the streak was about 180 miles, it finally came to 263.

So THANK YOU ALL, you've been a great motivation.

Congratulations and a happy new year to everyone!

xhristopher

Important Holiday Running Streak Notice!

It's a Holiday to Holiday streak. You must run on New Years Day if you wish to finish. Don't mess this up! 

xhristopher

WHOOHOO! 

Congrats, Limping Monkey!

Stayed last night with friends in greater Lowell, so ran from mass into NH this morning. Will run a mile or more in CT when we get home for a 3 state salute to the new year. Fun streaking with you all...

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
          We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
          TJoseph

I haven't run yet today, but I just want to say thanks to xhistopher for hosting this challenge.  I learned a lot from it.  Mostly how lame my excuses have been for not running.  I think I will keep the streak going for a little while longer.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Done.  166.1 miles.

Thanks, x.  And Happy New Year every one!

steph  

CT JEFF

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED !

I plan to continue. Race today. 10K. PR by a lot! Last year 59:08. Better weather. Less weight. Better trained. 51:23 this year! Very happy.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

Joann Y

Made it through the streak and 180 for December. Thank you xhristopher!

Happy new year running!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Challenge completed with a 10K race today.  We ran it in a driving snowstorm, 5 degrees F, on about an inch of snow.  Fun!  Streak will continue, hopefully at least to April 21.

Congrats, folks, and thanks, X!

MTA:  Oh yeah, I didn't make my mileage goal of 237.  Had 225, which is still good, IMO.

I haven't run yet today, but I just want to say thanks to xhistopher for hosting this challenge.  I learned a lot from it.  Mostly how lame my excuses have been for not running.  I think I will keep the streak going for a little while longer.

+1

Rounded up the holiday streak with 7 km today, that makes 34 days and 216 km. I'll just keep it going I think.

Nice race, LedLincoln! We haven't had any snow yet this winter which is quite unusual, and the temps have been mostly in the plus (Celsius). Strange weather.

TJoseph

I finished the challenge with a 5 mile run today.  It wasn't a great run, but it was a beautiful day for it.  I meant to go 10, but my legs were dead.  53 degrees and sunny.  186 miles for December.

Running Rev'd

Can't believe I made it through, one day at a time! Finished it up with a short 2.14 mile run today after coming home from a trip to the Liberty Bowl. Thanks for hosting!

Called to Endure - Blog

"Everyone gets the sunset. Only the dedicated earn the sunrise."

I finished up the challenge with an 11.5 mile run today.  Coming off a marathon finish and a lazy period, this was the motivation I needed to get going again.  Guessed I would get 180, but managed to knock out 244 miles total.

I plan on attempting to keep it going.....we will see.

Count me as successful too!

35 days for 235 miles

December was an all time high of 219.8       -  Really, I couldn't notice that I should have run .2 more Sad

Thanks for all of the motivation.

joescott

13-mile victory lap today.  Looking forward to seeing the summary stats about how many folks made it all the way through the streak and hit their mileage targets and what not.

LL, good race, and no thanks for sending your snow our way!  Supposed to get here this evening. 

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.