2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

xhristopher

Or must I unhide my log to the GP? Or, do you trust me?

Hmmm. Trust.

There will be consequences for cheaters. Santa is participating as a watcher.

TJoseph

Hmmm. Trust.

There will be consequences for cheaters. Santa is participating as a watcher.

Smart move.  You could still cheat with a public log, but Santa would know.

I'm in.  I'll come back on 12/1 with my +1 goal based on my November mileage.

Reporting back a few hours early.  November came in at 81, so my December goal will be 82.

I'm really enjoying this cold weather running.  25F is way more comfortable than 80F.

npaden

I've got a little streak started right now, but not sure I'm going to keep it going through the Christmas holiday and our family ski vacation.  I've never been able to convince my wife that I need to go spend even 10 or 15 minutes on the treadmill in the hotel after a full day of skiing.  Something about family time and stuff like that.  Who knows, I might be able to sneak in 10 or 15 minutes this year, it does seem kind of silly though.

My minimum December mileage goal is 100 miles, that will keep my 100+ miles in a month streak going, it's at 21 months right now.  That will also get me over 2,000 miles for the year.  I thought about trying to hit 2,013 miles exactly, but I think I might end up going over that a little, especially if I attempt to actually keep a streak going.  Last December was the closest I came to breaking my 100 miles a month streak, I knocked out 5.5 miles on the treadmill on New Years eve while I was just getting over the flu to keep it alive.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

fimmx

Got my 1.7 miles in today. Yogged back after dropping the car off for servicing instead oh getting the courtesy ride. Can't wait to go for a longish one in the morning. This year, I've really been enjoying the winter.

Fanilow

I'm in for 80. I've managed to run the last 4 days which I'm pretty sure is a record for me in itself.

We are taking our youngest to Disney (Florida flavor) for a week...leaving next weekend. If I can keep it up through that, the rest should be gravy.

2014 goals

Well, there's always next year.

heyitsben

I've been in since thanksgiving! Had a great turkey trot, back under 18 for the first time in four years. Hoping for a good long run today!

PADRunner

10 mi LR this morning done. Last LR before my Half next weekend.

I'm in. Put me down for 80 miles. The New England weather has been realatively mild lately. Let's see what will come from this...

I was waiting to put up a December mile goal because November was my highest mileage month of the year (or ever).  I made it 217 in November, so put me down for 225 for December.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I've got a little streak started right now, but not sure I'm going to keep it going through the Christmas holiday and our family ski vacation.  I've never been able to convince my wife that I need to go spend even 10 or 15 minutes on the treadmill in the hotel after a full day of skiing.  Something about family time and stuff like that.  Who knows, I might be able to sneak in 10 or 15 minutes this year, it does seem kind of silly though.

Not silly.  Last year I didn't think I'd manage to streak through holiday travel to snowy Colorado, but here I am, 389 days later.

jpdeaux

Smart move.  You could still cheat with a public log, with GPS backup, but that would not be worth the effort, and more importantly, you would know.

sugnim

6 miles this morning in the freezing rain.  I did some geocaching along the way, so it was a pretty leisurely run.

perryw

I'll join up.  I'll shoot for 85 miles, which is more than I did in October, but don't want to commit to 100.  I really hate the cold, so maybe this will motivate me to keep moving.

TJoseph

I was just joking jpdeaux and I stopped believing in Santa many decades ago.  Wink  7 miles this afternoon.