Mobile experience, what changed? (Read 591 times)

Actually on firefox Ive got avatars if I turn my phone to horizontal.

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Firefox seems to work on my android too

Marjorie

I'm posting from Chrome on Android 4.1 and everything seems to work as it did before except I seem to have the full editor.

Testing to see if I get paragraph breaks.

MTA: Cool!

Runners run

Julia1971

Weird.  I don't get a text box for this thread on my Blackberry Tour when I try to reply in this thread.  (Typing this from my laptop).  A box, subscribe check box, and post button appear while the page is loading but then when it completely loads, everything disappears.  Sad  No love for the Blackberry users.  Where should I fax my complaint?  Wink

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Chrome 18 on Android 4.0.3 ... advanced editing features - hooray [I'd put an exclamation point here, but there are problems with Chrome and certain key strokes on this docked tablet]

And paragraphs. And smileys, oh my Big grin

MTA - and they appear to work

Liz

pace sera, sera

eric :)

Weird.  I don't get a text box for this thread on my Blackberry Tour when I try to reply in this thread.  (Typing this from my laptop).  A box, subscribe check box, and post button appear while the page is loading but then when it completely loads, everything disappears.  Sad  No love for the Blackberry users.  Where should I fax my complaint?  Wink

Blackberry!  I totally forgot that people still use those Sad  I think I could disable wysiwyg specifically for it.  Would you happen to know the version of BlackBerry you have?

Julia1971

Blackberry!  I totally forgot that people still use those Sad  I think I could disable wysiwyg specifically for it.  Would you happen to know the version of BlackBerry you have?

I have the Blackberry Tour, which is the 9630.

My work BB is a Blackberry Bold, which is the 9650.  On that one, the Reply button doesn't even show up.

I can't believe RA might be the final straw for me to give up my Blackberry.

an amazing likeness

During the beta testing, I tested reading forums on a Blackberry 9630 running BB 7 using the native BB browser, everything worked ok. Didn't test posting a message, because I can't image posting from a BB.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Have you tried editing an existing post in firefox?  I was fine entering a new one... but when I went back to edit it, there was much weirdness.

I don't mind the lack of avatars on my phone. Makes the pages faster and easier to scroll around.  Weirdly, before this upgrade, it seemed like a 50/50 shot regarding whether I'd see avatars on pages in the android default browser (I should probably figure out what that thing is really called.  My phone calls it "Browser").  Honestly, it was like sometimes RA detected I was mobile, and sometimes it did not. LedLincoln: Bold works. Can't seem to select text, or don't know how.

Quoting your post on FF Android on Kindle. Works just like the big boys. Nice.  Now I'll mess with your quote.

Julia1971

I'm making a note in my Palm Pilot that this was your fault.  Wink

During the beta testing, I tested reading forums on a Blackberry 9630 running BB 7 using the native BB browser, everything worked ok. Didn't test posting a message, because I can't image posting from a BB.

xor

So I woke up this morning and now the experience on my (not mobile) laptop is like the old experience on my phone... I get a text box with no editor controls and when I modify/quote a post, I get html-ish looking stuff. Hmmm. And although it is keeping track of my line breaks and paragraph formatting (I see them if I edit a post), it does not display them when I post. Like the old mobile experience. I will dump my cache/history and see what's up. Be right back.

Ah. There it is.  All is well now on my laptop.

Nevermind me.

Thanks for the suggestion to use Firefox, Piwi!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I'm on Firefox, seems normal.

I did try it on the Kindle Silk, but immediately on logging in, it redirects back to Firefox.  I guess I can't really test without uninstalling FF.  From my standpoint, though, I'm happy to have the full editor in FF mobile.

zonykel

paragraph 1

paragraph 2

test complete from iphone

xor

Per this thread, some folks have noticed that the site change has really amped up the autocorrect misadventures on their phones when trying to post.  And specifically only when trying to post here.

I know one person who I think is getting the same thing from her android device (she says it posts gibberish).  I don't get that because I long ago turned off the t9 predictive stuff on my phone.  She is also having the same issue I was having when trying to delete or backspace in a post w/ firefox for android... it really blows up the formatting.

And weirdly, chrome... the google browser... won't load on my phone because it says I have the wrong version of android.  Which, as far as I can tell, I have the latest version.  But I am still digging into that one.

I hate technology.