My Polar has s610i died (or not?) (Read 623 times)

Hi, I've own a Polar s610i HRM for about a year (got it off eBay). It's been VERY good all this time since I started running, but it seems to be behaving badly since a couple of weeks, just showing a heart rate of 0 bpm or ~234 bpm, which is obviously wrong. Has anybody have any experience with failures like this? I tought it can be a failure of the chest strap, but it seems to work fine with the treadmill of my gym and I don't have any friend with a similar HRM to try his chest strap on... Any advise? I am thinking of getting myself a Garmin 305, but since it's not as cheap in the UK as in the US (minimum £150 ($300 Undecided ), unless some american friend can volunteer to buy one for me and send it as a gift (of course after receiving my money via a wire transfer or paypal) Tongue ), I may wait 6 months or so to get one...
    PRs 5K 21:44 10K 51:35 51:09 48:41

...smile :)

Could it be that the batteries are getting old? My Polar shows similar behavior when there is not quite enough power for transmission/reception.
        Could it be that the batteries are getting old? My Polar shows similar behavior when there is not quite enough power for transmission/reception.
        Yeah, I went to a gym and used one of their chest straps, and that was it, problem solved. Anyway, i couldn't beat the famous "Garmin lust" and I received today my Forerunner 305... Wink
        PRs 5K 21:44 10K 51:35 51:09 48:41