First half tomorrow (Read 145 times)

Daniel

Music city half. Sounds like it will be a hot one. I ran the one mile event that they had last night in 6:11. I'm getting pretty excited and I hope that I can sleep tonight.

Thanks to everyone on here that has responded to my questions and helped me develop a training plan. All you veteran runners have really been a huge benefit to me getting ready. My goal tomorrow is 1 hour 45 minutes. I guess that is a good goal to shoot for from things I've read on here. I'll just stick with the pacer and hope I can keep up and leave it all out there.

Happy trails!

Music city half. Sounds like it will be a hot one. I ran the one mile event that they had last night in 6:11. I'm getting pretty excited and I hope that I can sleep tonight.

Thanks to everyone on here that has responded to my questions and helped me develop a training plan. All you veteran runners have really been a huge benefit to me getting ready. My goal tomorrow is 1 hour 45 minutes. I guess that is a good goal to shoot for from things I've read on here. I'll just stick with the pacer and hope I can keep up and leave it all out there.

Happy trails!

One more tip: run your race, not the pacer's race. Pacers are not perfect, and plenty of people have been burned by pacers who go out too fast.

Dave

Daniel

One more tip: run your race, not the pacer's race. Pacers are not perfect, and plenty of people have been burned by pacers who go out too fast.

Thanks for the tip

an amazing likeness

segment 1 = first 5 miles -- comfy, feels like training, let the pacer save you mental energy, just run

segment 2 = 5 miles -- now you're working on the highway, and at mile 8...you're 1/2 way home

segment 3 = 5 km -- adjust for the day and trust your training to tell you what effort to put out.

Done.

Get the medal.

Don't forget the most important thing --- smile and feel great, 'cause you just ran an 1/2 marathon.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Enjoy the race. You've earned this. You've done the training and enjoy the result.

If it's hot (and I've seen people posting concerns about the heat on facebook already), know that it's not going to be your fastest day. It's your first half so it's a PR once you finish. But take care of yourself in that heat. You may need to slow down to deal with the temps.

Fleet feet! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Good Luck!   

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

Intentionally Blank

I'll be way behind you. Have a great time!

Daniel

I'll be way behind you. Have a great time!

Good luck tomorrow then!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Daniel

How'd it go?

It was hot and I finished in 2 hours exactly. I'm disappointed in my time, however, everyone was slow and hurting.

Christirei

Congratulations! Weather is unpredictable and you did the best that you could given the conditions! Be proud of your effort and the fact that you didn't just give in and walk the whole thing Smile Good job! Pick out the nuggets that you can take away from this experience and start looking for another half to run!  Wink

Daniel

Congratulations! Weather is unpredictable and you did the best that you could given the conditions! Be proud of your effort and the fact that you didn't just give in and walk the whole thing Smile Good job! Pick out the nuggets that you can take away from this experience and start looking for another half to run!  Wink

Thanks! Already found the next one Smokey mountain half and 5k

hog4life

Thanks! Already found the next one Smokey mountain half and 5k

I've done the Smokey Half twice, it's a great event.

Daniel

I've done the Smokey Half twice, it's a great event.

How is it as far as hills? I'm excited about it and I'll going to do the double which worries me if it is real hilly.

2 hours is good for your first one. When I ran my 1st half 5 yrs ago I wanted to break 2 hours and I thought I was on pace to do by my Garmin watch but I finished at 2:00:02 . What threw my watch calc off was the extra distance I ran weaving around people. Never go by a watches calc. I tried yest to break 2 hours and came up shy by 41 secs. Oh well I'll it again in a few weeks where I ran a 1:57 last year.