Speed Workouts (Read 1666 times)

MrH

Woohoo!!

(But we really need a new hattrick girl.)

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Wow, be careful what you wish for I guess.

Runners run

MrH

Wow, be careful what you wish for I guess.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

.... Jeff ran a 2:50 to win a hilly somebitch marathon in his debut at the distance without ever running more than 13 miles in training. Then he followed that up with a 2:38 this spring in his 2nd marathon.

Okay, I like to say that Waitz supposedly ran her first marathon off never running more than 12 miles, and it went rather fabulously.

Of course, the unstated punch line is that she was in pretty good shape already, probably better than X, where X is whoever.

Now what about Jeff -- what kind of training volume and level was he at before the marathon?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Now what about Jeff -- what kind of training volume and level was he at before the marathon?

My point (three years ago) was simply that running the full marathon distance, or at least 22 miles, or something longer than 20 miles, is not a necessary condition for avoiding the wall.  That's all.

Runners run

The Titans hattrick girl is not new.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Thrashers and, no, she's not.

Runners run

xor

Titans.

hehehehe.

Grand!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Loves the outdoors

OK, what's with the hats? Does everyone throw their hats away when someone scores a goal in ice hockey? Then scantily clad women skate around and pick them up again? Other people's local customs are weird.

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

check with the Canadians...

3 goals in a game is a hattrick.  I think it might have started with soccer (football) but has become more associated with hockey probably because it is a slightly less rare event in hockey.

Runners run

#artbydmcbride

And scantiily clad wimmen always seem like a good idea.

Runners run

keeponrunning

OK, what's with the hats? Does everyone throw their hats away when someone scores a goal in ice hockey? Then scantily clad women skate around and pick them up again? Other people's local customs are weird.

Since you got told to check with Canadians (and I believe I fit that category)...NO.  Or else we'd have a lot of cold-eared Canadians.  Joking

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022