Dick hurt in the cold morning (Read 4741 times)

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

I've been waiting for this. Bring it on!

Liz

pace sera, sera

#artbydmcbride

"I wear three socks when I run"

knee highs!

Runners run

RunnerDC

Id wear some compressive shorts and tights over them. You could also place a sock over your area.

Ouchie pee pee

A little penicillin should take care of that

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

jfa

Did I  miss this? Were there pictures?

Oh yeah.

bhearn

KMB

wow was it cold this morning.  good grief.  

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Nope, not even close to needing bhearn's briefs yet.

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

I approve of this thread.

Joann Y

I approve of this thread.

Needs more pictures.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

"kalsonger" I don't know what it means, but I know what it mean.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Best Present Ever

"kalsonger" I don't know what it means, but I know what it mean.

It's extra varma, too!

temperature is dropping but not quite there yet

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

Finance Guy

Scientific "research" in New England Journal of Medicine analyzing side effects of this phenomenon:

http://www.nejm.org/doi/pdf/10.1056/NEJM197701202960321

A 53-year-old, circumcised physician, nonsmoker, light drinker (one highball before dinner), 1.78 meters tall, weighing 70 kg, with no illnesses, performing strenuous physical exercise for many years began a customary 30 minute jog in a local park at 7 p.m. on December 3, 1976. He wore flare-bottom double-knit polyester trousers, Dacron-cotton boxer-style undershorts, a cotton T-shirt and cotton dress shirt, a light-wound sweater, an outer nylon shell jacket over the sweater, gloves, and low-cut Pro Ked sneakers. The nylon shell jacket extended slightly below the belt line.

Local radio weather reports gave the outside air temperature as -8 degrees C with a severe wind-chill factor.

From 7:00 to 7:25 p.m. the jog was routine. At 7:25 p.m. the jogger noted an unpleasant painful burning sensation at the penile tip. From 7:25 to 7:30 p.m. this discomfort became from intense, the pain increasing with each stride as the exercise named its end. At 7:30 p.m. the job ended, and the patient returned home.

Physical examination at 7:40 p.m. in his apartment at comfortable room temperature revealed early frostbite of the penis. The glans was rigid, red, tender upon manipulation and anesthetic to light touch. Immediate therapy was begun. The polyester double-knit trousers and the Dacron-cotton-undershorts were removed. In a straddled standing position, the patient created a cradle for rapid re-warming by covering the penile tip with one cupped palm. Response was rapid and complete. Symptoms subsided 15 minutes after onset of treatment and physical findings returned to normal.

Side effects: at 7:50 p.m. the patient's wife returned from a local shopping trip and observed him during the treatment procedure. She saw him standing, legs apart, in the bedroom, nude below the waist, holding the tip of his penis in his right hand, turning the pages of the New England Journal of Medicine with his left. Spouse's observations of therapy produced rapid onset of numerous, varied and severe side effects (personal communication).

Pathogenesis of the syndrome was assessed as tissue response to high air velocity at -8 degrees C, penetrating the interstices of polyester double-knit trouser fabric and continuing through anterior opening of Dacton-cotton undershorts, impacting upon upon receptor site of target organ to produce the changes described.

The patient continues to jog, wearing an athletic supporter and old tight cotton warm-up pants used in college cross-country races in 1939. No reoccurences are expected.

-Melvin Hershkowitz, MD
                              Jersey City, NJ 07304
                              Medical Center

Joann Y

temperature is dropping but not quite there yet

I was just thinking about this thread over the last couple of days. Maybe not for the same reason that you were though.