Dick hurt in the cold morning (Read 4741 times)

xhristopher

Today was the first day this fall I wore gloves. Winter is coming.

I'm re-learning that biking in the cold is a completely different animal than running in the cold. Good thing my body seems ready to ramp up the running a bit.

Runners run

I'm re-learning that biking in the cold is a completely different animal than running in the cold. Good thing my body seems ready to ramp up the running a bit.

Yes it is a different animal. Besides the thread topic, make sure to mind those feet, too.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

rlopez

Having moved from Seattle and Hawai'i to Indiana, this thread is finally relevant to me.

I am not happy about this.

Oh, good. It's back.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Doesn't matter what equipment's down there, cut-out saddles suck below 55 or so.  Also in the rain, at any temp.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Joann Y

Not hurting today I bet.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

This thread got erected way too early this year. It initially came in late November.

Altair5

Runs in the rain

There are a lot of joke replies, but this is a real problem that I often have suffered from, I do a lot of running outdoors in the winter and the temps in upstate NY at that time are generally about 20 degrees or so and my member will often ache from the cold.. I typically wear sweatpants and white underwear beneath. I had thought about cutting a appropriate sized  finger from a pair of gloves to use, but found a simpler solution, just wear an extra pair of underwear so you have 2 layers of "tighty whities" . This has served to protect that sensitive area from the cold.  

Long distance runner, what you standin' there for?
                    Get up, get out, get out of the door!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Just think happy thoughts!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

I can't believe you "guys" haven't thought of taping a hand warmer to your junk, gives you -up to 6hrs of heat., try it. I typically sac up and run in either power stretch bottoms or Mid-Weight Patagonia Capilene, under a pair of Brooks running pants. Never had a cold member, ever. The glove trick i'm sure was a joke.......right?

There are a lot of joke replies, but this is a real problem that I often have suffered from, I do a lot of running outdoors in the winter and the temps in upstate NY at that time are generally about 20 degrees or so and my member will often ache from the cold.. I typically wear sweatpants and white underwear beneath. I had thought about cutting a appropriate sized  finger from a pair of gloves to use, but found a simpler solution, just wear an extra pair of underwear so you have 2 layers of "tighty whities" . This has served to protect that sensitive area from the cold.  

Kalsarikännit

This thread got erected way too early this year. It initially came in late November.

Funny, I don't see it rising up as frequently as it used to do years ago.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

this is a real problem that I often have suffered from, I do a lot of running outdoors in the winter and the temps in upstate NY at that time are generally about 20 degrees or so and my member will often ache from the cold.

They sell briefs/boxer briefs with wind blocking panels to protect your junk.  Usually one pair works fine when it is above 10 degrees with <10MPH wind.  If it gets worse than that I sometimes have to double up.  For example.

xXxDarkJogger666

Where I come from we call this a "Cocksicle"

this thread is now relevant for me too.  I recently moved to Michigan from Texas.

Tomorrow, the cold front comes through.

Over the next couple weeks, I need to find my ThermaJock (as I mentioned a couple years ago early within this thread).  The gift from my Michigan brother in law can now be put to good use.  I'll possibly give a product review at some stage.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life