Dick hurt in the cold morning (Read 4741 times)

kkittenkat

English Villian

did you take a pole?

I really am trying to work out if you're illiterate and you really mean 'poll'; or it's a clever play on words I've missed.

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

kkittenkat

English Villian

I rest my case.

Please, God.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

kkittenkat

English Villian

Please, God.

Some of us believe in other deities.

Please, God.

I think it safe to assume His honker does not hurt, regardless of temperature

yes

Ryankennedy

• I passed out once cause my dick hurt so bad from the cold

I run in a loin cloth in winter, outside. I've never had a problem with cold junk. Maybe some of you are wussies, I don't know.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Ten miles at 5F this morning. Yep. Mostly it gets numb. Warming up afterward is interesting.

I had to contribute...Never froze it until this morning. It was 10F and windy. Ran 8mi wearing my Asics tights only. I was in so much pain afterwards. It was frozen. Will try some sweats over my warmer NB thermal tights tomorrow.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Ten miles at 5F this morning. Yep. Mostly it gets numb. Warming up afterward is interesting.

Got in from a run and had to piss like a race horse . . . talk about "interesting".

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

jfa

No bad weather, just bad clothes. Watch batteries go into gloves and heat your hands like hot chocolate at the ice rink. As a kid growing up in the '70's , I would never would have dreamed that I would be such an ardent fan of polyester. But now with the correct layers, I never sweat and never get cold. Right down the line. Sweet spot.

As far as the chilly d, a single well placed sock, right down the middle, prevents old man winter from messing with my junk. Rolling on....

SMART Approach

I had to contribute...Never froze it until this morning. It was 10F and windy. Ran 8mi wearing my Asics tights only. I was in so much pain afterwards. It was frozen. Will try some sweats over my warmer NB thermal tights tomorrow.

I can say, if it happens once, it never happens again. When in doubt, add another layer THERE. Not fun.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

edrunsfar

I’m glad to hear you survived your encounter with FDS (Frozen Dick Syndrome). Consider yourself lucky my friend.