Dick hurt in the cold morning (Read 4741 times)

Kalsarikännit

A guy just got on the bus, stood at the front facing everyone, and while cupping his package, summarized this thread for all of the commuters.

Happy winter everyone!

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

jfa

6-10" of snow is heading overnight to our shore area. Also known as SnowMaggedonn. A lot of over reaction, but it has been colder than shit lately around here. Much like it was every winter from Oct to March when I was a kid skating and playing hockey on our little cul-de-sac neighborhood pond.

Send help if you don't hear from us, or the Donner Party soon.

bhearn

6-10" 

What are you trying to tell us?

#artbydmcbride

shrinkage?

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

As far as the chilly d, a single well placed sock, right down the middle, prevents old man winter from messing with my junk. Rolling on....

It always worked for these guys...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Looks like those clowns have never heard of a razor.

Joann Y

Looks like those clowns have never heard of a razor.

Fur sure. Wth.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

#WinterRunningProblems

I would much rather run miles in 10F than 80F, but there are some drawbacks.

1) Laundry per run:

Winter: 1 hat, 1 earwarmer, 1 bluf, 1 wool baselayer, 1, 1 over-layer shirt, 1-shell, 1 shorts, 1 running pants

Summer: shorts

2) run recovery time: Warm up, take a shower, "soak" in shower until hotwater tank runs cold, layer up with thermals, scarf, quilted jacket, cover in blankets and turn on a heating pad until my core-temp returns.  Usually there's a nap involved.

3) Two days ago I went out without the shell, because 20F is "warm" enough to me.  It was a day after a long-run, so I got half-way and walked a bit to take it easy.   But the sweat on the front of my wool shirts froze solid in the strong winds.  Being at the midpoint of my run, without any shelter nearby, I had to push all the way back hoping the ice would melt so I wouldn't get frostbite.  First time I was ever on a winter run thinking: "Okay, this is not good."

MTA: Yeah, and my johnson was frozen too.  Wink

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Stadjak I am not 100% certain but I believe the purpose of this thread here is to talk about your own or other male's private parts. Not your wool shirt. Unless its made out of your own....

HM: 1:47 (9/20) I FM: 3:53:11 (9/23)

2024 Goals: run a FM & HM + stay healthy!

Joann Y

Stadjak I am not 100% certain but I believe the purpose of this thread here is to talk about your own or other male's private parts. Not your wool shirt. Unless its made out of your own....

That's right. What about the D, dog? Everything a'ight?

#artbydmcbride

I am so glad you got the focus back at the root of ..uh the crux, the pillar,  where this thread should be focused

Runners run

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I am so glad you got the focus back at the root of ..uh the crux, the pillar,  where this thread should be focused

I used to be self-conscious and discreet when I have to "warm it up" while running through the city.  Now I don't care so much.

One thing I discovered is that extra layers is a double-edged sword.  It's nice and toasty at first, but then sweat will accumulate after a few miles, then when the winds hit.... it's all downhill from there.  I might try the sock idea, or maybe get those super-absorbent hand towels.... just have to stay up all night for that $9.95 tv commercial special.  There's no good ending to this....

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

That's right. What about the D, dog? Everything a'ight?

Let's don't talk about it - its not worth; not even during warm temperatures. I have always looked up to Josef Urban who crosses the finish line in 2:21 and obviously still has good blood circulation going...

Joe the Hoe

HM: 1:47 (9/20) I FM: 3:53:11 (9/23)

2024 Goals: run a FM & HM + stay healthy!

Had some serious tingly in my dingly the other day and blame the new Under Armour Cold Gear tights.  Inexplicably, the material at the "pouch" is thinner than the rest of the tights.  Anyone else notice this and perhaps have an explanation?  Caused significant shrinkage.  Like a frightened turtle.

Yeah, well...sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.