The Walking Dead on AMC (Read 3197 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, none of the female characters--with the exception of Maggie, perhaps--are all that admirable.  I hope this will change as the series progresses.

As for the pill issue, one thing I read suggested that it wasn't that the writers don't understand the morning-after pill, but that they wanted to portray Lori as not being particularly knowledgable.  OR perhaps she was so desperate that she hoped taking several packs would have the same effect.  She even muttered something about not knowing if it would actually work.  I think they painted her handling of the situation realistically.  I have a feeling that the # of people who understand the working of that drug are outweighed by the # of people who don't have a good handle on how it functions and the window of effective use (just look at the # of woman who FUBAR birth control or have a weak understanding of reproduction).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I watched it last night!

It's on Netflix, and I watched the first one. Very cool!    I really like the leading man too. He looks so familiar to me.  I can't wait to watch more!

- Anya

obiebyke

Welcome Anya! You have plenty of time to catch up before new episodes start in February.

February? AMC, you're killing me.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

February? AMC, you're killing me.

But the mid-season premiere is on my birthday, so that's kinda cool! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

But the mid-season premiere is on my birthday, so that's kinda cool! Big grin

I don't know when that is now... but rest assured I am going to remember this when I sit down to watch it next year.

Goals: To keep running regardless of what happens.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I don't know when that is now... but rest assured I am going to remember this when I sit down to watch it next year.

2/12.  You should have a beer in my honor.  We can have a cyber toast to zombies! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Making of the barn scene.  This is really cool.

~ Sarah Kay

RunsForCake

Making of the barn scene.  This is really cool.

That was just awesome!

I got goose bumps just like I did on Sunday night.

I can not wait to see the direction the show goes when it comes back in February now that Sophia is officially gone. 

Why, oh why must they make us wait so long?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm kinda bummed that we don't get to see more Sophia zombie--she really was very good.

~ Sarah Kay

I have watched the first 3 episodes, and LOVE it.  One problem, my boyfriend doens't like it so much. He agrees it's a well written show, but he's just not into Zombies, I guess.

Question, what seaon is starting in February.  Season 2 or 3 ? 

- Anya

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Question, what seaon is starting in February.  Season 2 or 3 ? 

Still season 2.  AMC aired the first half of the season, then aired a midseason cliff-hanger episode.  In the meantime I think they're doing some Sunday night movies.

I'm glad that Hell On Wheels is still on.  Last night's episode was really good.

~ Sarah Kay

RunsForCake

I'm glad that Hell On Wheels is still on.  Last night's episode was really good.

I am loving this series!

I've got last night's episode sitting on the DVR waiting for me.

Mad Men, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead and now Hell on Wheels is making AMC my most favorite channel.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I am loving this series!

I've got last night's episode sitting on the DVR waiting for me.

If you don't already love Lily Bell (the map-maker's widow), last night's episode will seal your love for her.  She is so beautiful and genteel-looking...and such a total badass!  That actress is incredible.  The character reminds me so much of Inara on Firefly/Serenity in some ways.

~ Sarah Kay

OMG, this morning at like 6:15 I was running alone in the park.  You guessed it, I was worried I would encounter a "walker" --  I swear, I was even planning my escape route.  ha ! 

That show gets to you!

- Anya

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

OMG, this morning at like 6:15 I was running alone in the park.  You guessed it, I was worried I would encounter a "walker" --  I swear, I was even planning my escape route.  ha ! 

That show gets to you!

I've started to keep my eye on all the freshly dead squirrels.  I'll not be caught unaware if those suckers decide to become undead!

~ Sarah Kay