The Walking Dead on AMC (Read 3197 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zombies!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

vegefrog

Interesting...a likable Lori moment.

Nope, still don't like her. I really, really don't like her!!

My husband keeps threatening that he is going to go watch it in the other room because I am constantly bitching about how much I dislike her.

Last nights episode was pretty good, lots of zombie killing to distract me from how much I dislike Lori, LOL!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, I'm back to not liking her.  Andrea ticks me off, too, but I think Andrea nailed it on her critique of Lori.  I wanted to smack the shit out of that whiny Beth character.  I don't like the way her mouth looks when she talks... Tongue  I hope a zombie gets her before the end of this season.

The kid in the trunk...I'm betting they don't kill him.

~ Sarah Kay

I don't like the way her mouth looks when she talks... Tongue 

More like the odd shade of green (her eyes) were freaking me out.

Goals: To keep running regardless of what happens.
          vegefrog

Y I wanted to smack the shit out of that whiny Beth character.  I don't like the way her mouth looks when she talks... Tongue  I hope a zombie gets her before the end of this season.

HA! Yes!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Not one of the funnier BWE recaps.

~ Sarah Kay

jeffdonahue

I thought that part was a waste.  We already dealt with the "oh its pointless, I'm going to off myself" drama with Andrea.  Why do it again?

There were a few "Lori seems okay" moments last night, but I still think she could go.  And I'm really starting to not like Andrea.  She seems to have developed some "Holier than thou" attitude since her breakdown and wanting to die.  I say they off her.

But on that note, I dont understand why some of them (Shane and Andrea) seem so okay with people dying, killing people or letting them kill themselves.  The world is in F'ing anarchy, over-run by the undead.  The general concept behind anyone's thoughts I would think would be "We need more living people with us if society as a whole is going to survive." 

I'm not saying Rick shouldnt have killed those Philly guys - they drew on him, he was faster - nuff said.  I'm saying that you would think one of the things they woudl be trying to do is figure out how to find more living, and team up.

jeffdonahue

Oh yeah, and there were lots of Walkers last night, so I was happy!  Big grin

I thought that part was a waste.  We already dealt with the "oh its pointless, I'm going to off myself" drama with Andrea.  Why do it again?

There were a few "Lori seems okay" moments last night, but I still think she could go.   And I'm really starting to not like Andrea.  She seems to have developed some "Holier than thou" attitude since her breakdown and wanting to die.  I say they off her.

But on that note, I dont understand why some of them (Shane and Andrea) seem so okay with people dying, killing people or letting them kill themselves.  The world is in F'ing anarchy, over-run by the undead.  The general concept behind anyone's thoughts I would think would be "We need more living people with us if society as a whole is going to survive." 

I'm not saying Rick shouldnt have killed those Philly guys - they drew on him, he was faster - nuff said.  I'm saying that you would think one of the things they woudl be trying to do is figure out how to find more living, and team up.

I am soooooo with you on this. 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I wonder if it's a matter of resources...not enough food/medicine/vehicles/gas to go around for very many living...?

~ Sarah Kay

I wonder if it's a matter of resources...not enough food/medicine/vehicles/gas to go around for very many living...?

their moral compass's are just broken (referring to Shane and Andrea) however for the rest, that may be the key thing

MTA: BTW those two deserve each other. I really really liked Andrea in the beginning however I really think the writers have turned her into a female Shane, whom of which I really never liked.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

jeffdonahue

Could be that, but I would think that resources would actually be in abundance wouldnt they?  Everyone's gone, but I'm sure they all left food, medicine, etc... in their house when they fled.  I think back to "I am Legend" where Will Smith's character seemed to spend a certain amount of time each day (or week or whatever) going through apartments looking for canned goods and stuff he could use.  Why couldnt they do the same.

In fact, last night, Rick at one point was draining the gas out of a truck at that outpost or wherever they were about to dump that kid.  I bet if they looked, there's plenty of stuff.  Granted it would be dangerous as they'd have to forage through houses and stuff and run into a lot of Walkers, but I bet it's there somewhere.

A question though now that I think about it - do we know how much time has passed a) since Rick was shot? and b) since the zombie thing went epidemic.  they mentioned last week how it all happened so fast, but I never got a feeling for how long it was before Rick woke up.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

A question though now that I think about it - do we know how much time has passed a) since Rick was shot? and b) since the zombie thing went epidemic.  they mentioned last week how it all happened so fast, but I never got a feeling for how long it was before Rick woke up.

I've been wondering how long it's been since he left the hospital, too.  Is every episode a day or are we only seeing like an episode for every few days or week?  The concept of passing time is sort of non-existent, which I'm thinking may be sort of intentional.

~ Sarah Kay

jeffdonahue

By the way they've shown it all, it seems like it has to be a longer span of time than it seems.  Carl got shot in the freaking chest and he is up and running around again now with now pain whatsoever.  i can't imagine you recover from something like that in a week or two - I'm thinking in real life it would be a month at least, never mind the time he spent in the bed before Otis bit it and they were able to operate on him.

But on the other hand, Rick was left alone in the hospital room being fed by a tube.  Given that he was able to get up and walk around when he woke up, i cant imagine that the IV had run out more than a few days earlier because otherwise his energy level would have been zero.  So my guess is that after Shane left him, he woke up maybe a day or two later.  And  he couldnt have been in a coma that long because when he met the black guy and his son, his wound was still pretty prominent.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

But on the other hand, Rick was left alone in the hospital room being fed by a tube.  Given that he was able to get up and walk around when he woke up, i cant imagine that the IV had run out more than a few days earlier because otherwise his energy level would have been zero.  So my guess is that after Shane left him, he woke up maybe a day or two later.  And  he couldnt have been in a coma that long because when he met the black guy and his son, his wound was still pretty prominent.

That was always the funny questionable detail in the 28 Days Later film, too...the lead character wakes from a coma all connected to machines that are not functioning and empty IV bags.  It appears that weeks have passed.  How did he not die of dehydration in a few days?

~ Sarah Kay