The Walking Dead on AMC (Read 3197 times)

Durrr

All I know is that it always appears to be 100 degrees and humid in The Walking Dead world (lots of profuse sweating). Though brief previews of upcoming episodes indicate that autumn is on the way. Thus my loose theory is that Rick got shot in May, woke up in early June maybe, and presently it's late August or perhaps early September on the show.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Wow, I hadn't watched any of the webisodes (I will now) but it is cool to see the backstory.

You're right though, the acting was pretty bad.  And why would the mom walk back into the crowd of zombies to let herself get eaten?  Clearly she knows shes's doomed, but she also has to know that's gonna be a verrry painful way to die.  Why not drive the kids to the green zone thing and then have one of the folks there shoot her in the head.  

I thought that she did that to give the kids a chance to get away -- no walkers to give the kids chase since they were all feasting on her. 

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

28 Days Later ... It appears that weeks have passed.

Four weeks to be exact. Joking

Problem with last night is that we started the night with the kid in the car, wondering what they were gonna do with him.  And that's where we ended the night.  Not a lot of forward progress.

Shane's observation that the cop walkers didn't appear to have bites/ wounds -- wonder if that will be significant -- can the virus go airborne?

And since these corpses are still rotting (as evidenced by the varied amounts of decay on them), it seems like they'd eventually decompose to the point that they wouldn't be able to move anymore.  What's left of humanity just has to wait it out, right?

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Four weeks to be exact. Joking

Problem with last night is that we started the night with the kid in the car, wondering what they were gonna do with him.  And that's where we ended the night.  Not a lot of forward progress.

Shane's observation that the cop walkers didn't appear to have bites/ wounds -- wonder if that will be significant -- can the virus go airborne?

And since these corpses are still rotting (as evidenced by the varied amounts of decay on them), it seems like they'd eventually decompose to the point that they wouldn't be able to move anymore.  What's left of humanity just has to wait it out, right?

Four weeks since outbreak, but how long from the time Jim ran out of IV until he woke...?  Looks like at least a couple of weeks, which would have spelled death to anyone IRL.

Yeah, I don't know about airborne, but didn't one of them say something about taking care not to let zombie goo get into an open wound?  Maybe that's the issue...

My son and I have had the discussion about how long zombies can exist before simply falling to pieces.  At age 11 he theorizes that it could be a couple of years of waiting for zombies to simply die-off and that there will always be new zombies from dumb humans who get bit.  He's given this a lot of thought, apparently.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

vegefrog

Must be a lot of runner/Zombie lovers!

Sort of expensive for a phone game though...

vegefrog

http://news.runnersworld.com/2012/02/28/first-look-zombies-run-for-iphone/

Sorry, forgot to post the link! Smile

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I downloaded that earlier.  When I first was reading about the game it was TWELVE dollars!!!  So 8 seemed like a bargain, heh.  Damn, I was suckered! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

vegefrog

Is it fun? Smile

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

~ Sarah Kay

lagwagon

All I know is that it always appears to be 100 degrees and humid in The Walking Dead world (lots of profuse sweating). Though brief previews of upcoming episodes indicate that autumn is on the way. 

Rick was saying on the drive out to 8 mile that "it'll be winter soon" so I think its now fall.  Actually, i liked his thinking that runners will probably slow up in the winter (I know I do).  In fact, I'd almost certainly be heading north by now.  w/o andrea and shane, naturally. 

as far as the observation about no bite marks...it'll be interesting to see.  maybe burning the bodies released the virus?

Surprised to hear only 3 more episodes this season...I'm starting to feel strung along...but at least the zombies are back!

jeffdonahue

I remember him saying it would be winter soon, but I thought they were in/near Atlanta, GA.  From what I know they dont get a whole lot of snow down there, but he was talking about getting snowmobiles to move around in the winter - which would make me think they were WAY farther north than that.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I remember him saying it would be winter soon, but I thought they were in/near Atlanta, GA.  From what I know they dont get a whole lot of snow down there, but he was talking about getting snowmobiles to move around in the winter - which would make me think they were WAY farther north than that.

Yeah...unless they were talking about driving North, then finding snowmobiles.  

The theory I've always heard in general zombie physiological talk from past movies and stuff is that zombies can't do cold...since they aren't technically alive they are kind of like cold-blooded critters and can't create their own warmth.  So require warmer ambient temps to stay mobile.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

But this could be an issue...

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zombies just want ice cream...

~ Sarah Kay

vegefrog

haha. They look like me after a long run!

Hope tonights episode is a good one Smile